Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Singapore...

+3
fesspenter
veelux
iamnorahashary
7 posters

Go down

Hello from Singapore... Empty Hello from Singapore...

Post by iamnorahashary Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 am

Hi this is my very first posting.
I came about this forum while searching for Gurus on line for tutorials.
Very glad that i found this forum and wish to say hello to everyone.

A little about my self...
I am married and iam 34yrs old.
Art Background: i was an art stream student like 20yrs ago and havent paint/draw since.
I took my courage spend my last month wage on my first order of paint
Tagbodyart from the website and Tag brushes. AUD$550 .
To enjoy my work ...i feel that its important to spend on proper supplies.

Then i start to take notes of code conduct of painting a child...cleanliness..important
-On a sweaty child.using fresh clean wipes on every child to wipe the area before i paint.
-clean sponge on every child.(i bought 20new sponges )
- Look out for skin sensitivity sign like rashes..or sunburn ...(ready to offer skin test technique which i pick up in tutorials )

There is no available classes on facepainting here in Singapore.
Everytime i emailedl out to someone that has body/facepaint background, they replied that they were to buzy to conduct classes at the moment.
They are professional face/body painter and their work are gorgeous. All of them had studied painting overseas and bring their talent right here in Singapore.

It's ok... This didnt stop me.
I was so excited and start playing with it straight away.
I start of with dolphin, unicorn , variety of flowers and butterflies on drawing canvas.
3 days later,
I took another step .. Went to a park yesterday..and put up a free paint for kids.
Cause i really could not get any kids or hardly there is any at my neighbourhood running around.
Surprisingly got quite a handful of volunteers... I am so happy...which last me 2 hours ...of real work on really tiny face and hands.
(Goshhh i really have to be quick..it like next 30sec..they start to move ... I think they were as excited like me!)

I have few mummys that say to me ....."can you come to draw at my child birthday..."
I was like.."errr... Ya sure ..why not... "
i was not prepared for that kind of request.. pale

I was hoping to get nice face/hand art work for my own portfolio firstly before expecting such business request.
But the most memorable was that,
Some cute request came up and say...
"I want a cat"
"I want spiderman"

Oh goshhh i was not prepared for such request but no heart to say No either.
So in a spurr of the moment, i tried to draw something close to a cat and spiderman... My hands was shivering!!!. ( They didnt want neither dolphin or unicorn )

The whole experience was one cute journey.
I look foward for more request from these kids ... Seeing them leave smiling from ear to ear... Laughing and business opportunity by chance.

And here is my journey to a new hobby...
Hello from Singapore... Image
Hello from Singapore... Image-1
Hello from Singapore... IMG-20130322-WA0000

Last edited by iamnorahashary on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

iamnorahashary

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-22

Back to top Go down

Hello from Singapore... Empty Re: Hello from Singapore...

Post by veelux Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 am

Hi iamnorahashary , nice to have you here. I am totally jealous of your Tag paint pallet. I would love to have all those cakes. Good way to drum up business and creates some big smiles in the mean time. Have a colorful day - Welcome to the forum.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnorahashary Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am

Hi Veelux!
Thanks for reading my long post ...hope you agood day !

iamnorahashary

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Welcome to the Forum, iamnorahashary!
There is a thread for newbies called Show and Tell where you can post your work without judgement.
If there are no classes, is it possible to ask to be an assistant at one of the established face painters' large events? You have nothing to lose to ask. The worst thing they can say is, "No".

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Nora! So glad you discovered our amazing colorful world! You can find tons of helpful threads searching on the "search box" on the top (top-right). You just have to write the design or technique you're looking for and you'll read for hours! And,of course, there are many face painting tutorials on You Tube. Enjoy! Very Happy
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnorahashary Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

fesspenter wrote:Welcome to the Forum, iamnorahashary!
There is a thread for newbies called Show and Tell where you can post your work without judgement.
If there are no classes, is it possible to ask to be an assistant at one of the established face painters' large events? You have nothing to lose to ask. The worst thing they can say is, "No".

Happy Painting!

Hi Lisa what a wonderful suggestion!
I would try to approach these event, and just hide my face if they turn me down. I will start a lookout for these opportunities ... Thanks once again for the welcome..

Last edited by iamnorahashary on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

iamnorahashary

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnorahashary Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Pilareta wrote:Welcome to the forum, Nora! So glad you discovered our amazing colorful world! You can find tons of helpful threads searching on the "search box" on the top (top-right). You just have to write the design or technique you're looking for and you'll read for hours! And,of course, there are many face painting tutorials on You Tube. Enjoy! Very Happy

oh my ..thank you for this warm welcome too!
yes , i am glad to find this family of wonderful talents and friends all over the world.
My eyes can't hardly open yesterday after looking thru he amazing work of our friends for hours..

I think for a start ..not bad that i could do simple animals and flowers..
I will need to learn to be daring enough on white and black teardrop & swirls & outline. After finish the colors..i would pause everything for a sec....starting to worry if i should try adding teardrop & swirls & outline of the image drawn. Most of it didnt turn out well as i would imagine. I feel discourage to try . Crying or Very sad

iamnorahashary

Back to top Go down

Post by rubiwitch Wed May 22, 2013 5:44 am

Hi Nora! I've sent you a pm about a chance to get face/bodypainting tips from a professional in Singapore! Do take a look at it! Smile

rubiwitch

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 am

Welcome!! Love your courage and love your kit and painting!! awesome.
Like Lisa said please come and join us at the new bee thread called Show and Tell look for the May to ?

cheers
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntedhouse62 Wed May 22, 2013 2:30 pm

I think for a start ..not bad that i could do simple animals and flowers..
I will need to learn to be daring enough on white and black teardrop & swirls & outline. After finish the colors..i would pause everything for a sec....starting to worry if i should try adding teardrop & swirls & outline of the image drawn. Most of it didnt turn out well as i would imagine. I feel discourage to try . Crying or Very sad

Hello iamnorahashary!
Don't be discouraged! Your work is beautiful, especially the flowers. They are very nice! I don't think there is any obligation for you to outline your painting with black. True, it seems to be a somewhat "standard" approach to many of the designs we see; to use black outlines, and perhaps white teardrops, but don't feel that you MUST do it that way! Self-expression without limits is one aspect of the beauty of art!
Hauntedhouse62
Hauntedhouse62

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-05-18

http://www.littlesalem.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down