Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 fav designs to learn as a beginner

2 posters

Go down

Top 5 fav designs to learn as a beginner Empty Top 5 fav designs to learn as a beginner

Post by IllyaOnFire Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Hello artists!
I am trying to improve my skills as a face painter and discovered that a small part of my problem is that there are too many things to try and learn all at once.
I have taken a couple of classes and while I really enjoyed them, most are held 2 hours from my house. I would love to go to all of them but between driving to and from and paying for gas and a sitter and the cost of the classes it becomes cost and time-prohibitive.
I love all the information taught, but it is almost like I need to choose just 5 (or 10) designs to learn to paint super-well.
I do line practice and also some one-stroke stroke practice (just loading a brush and making stripes of color) in order to have the brush control for better outcomes, but I am kinda overwhelmed when it comes to practicing actual designs.
So here's where you come in...
What are your favorite designs; ones you know someone is going to ask you to paint at most every event you work?

IllyaOnFire

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-07-26

Back to top Go down

Top 5 fav designs to learn as a beginner Empty Re: Top 5 fav designs to learn as a beginner

Post by Kris5115 Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:51 am

1 unicorn
2 unicorn
3 unicorn
4 unicorn
5 unicorn

Unicorns are super popular! In addition to unicorn (and I have 3 different unicorn designs), other popular designs I paint are:
Tiger: standard orange/white or rainbow/colorful base
Princess: usually Elsa/frozen but easy to modify with different colors to work for any princess
Spiderman: to start, try learning a smaller version that just goes over one eye
Flowers: if you can master a double dip flower, you can make a bunch of designs based on a flower or a grouping of flowers

I think you have a good idea to work on a few designs and expand as you become comfortable with them. Best wishes!
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down