Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choosing a brand

4 posters

Go down

Choosing a brand Empty Choosing a brand

Post by Klbroome92 Sun May 15, 2016 9:25 pm

So I have been using snazzaroo for a while now it's my start up paint and I feel I'm at the point now where I can get into a better quality paint. So what do you recommend. I have one paradise paint and I love it I've heard and seen great work from tag and from kryvaline. Let me know what you think because I really could use the help here. Thanks

Klbroome92

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-05-14

Back to top Go down

Choosing a brand Empty Re: Choosing a brand

Post by Laura-Lou Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Hello!

There are so many different brands out there, it depends on your budget and what's available to you where you live. For example it's not easy for me to get kryvaline and the extra money to get it isn't worth it. I use DFX and Tag because they're good quality, reasonably priced and I know that I can always order some and get it delivered fast.

For me that's how I picked the brands that I would buy, I'm sure there's a thread on here that does colour comparisons for brands as well which might help Smile Happy shopping!
Laura-Lou
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon May 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I'd recommend trying a few different brands. There are advantages and disadvantages to waxy brands and to creamy brands. Having a combo can be beneficial.

If you're looking for more on this topic, consider searching in a browser window like this:

site:www.facepaintforum.com brands

You'll get links to many threads which discuss this topic.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon May 16, 2016 11:28 pm

generally, face paints come in "creamy", usually glycerin based, and "waxy", paraffin based.

creamy brands (snazaroo, paradise, global, creamy kryvaline, fab/superstar, etc) have differing combinations of ingredients besides the glycerin, but they are usually good for base colors (backgrounds or larger areas) and colors blend well on the skin. most of them are not necessarily as good for line work or details, unless you are painting directly on skin.

paraffin based brands like wolfe, tag, dfx, cameleon, and regular kryvaline tend to have about the same ingredients, as it is reported they are manufactured in the same factory in china. they tend to be good for line work and details.

in the end, many people suggest you buy individual colors or split cakes in color combinations you like, with at least a white and black wax based paint for linework, as well as one or two other colors in a wax based paint for linework, if you like.

and don't forget pressed powders like mehron starblends and intense pressed powders, and ben nye lumiere powders. and waterproof proaiir and dips liquid face paints.

ladies and gentlemen, start your credit cards!
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down