Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for those with theater experience

+2
jlirie
Kal
6 posters

Go down

Question for those with theater experience Empty Question for those with theater experience

Post by Kal Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm painting a Grinch next weekend. His homemade costume is the stuff nightmares are made of in terms of heat. I am so worried his makeup is going to become a disaster halfway through the show. Please help? Any and all advice is most appreciated. Thanks!
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Question for those with theater experience Empty Re: Question for those with theater experience

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Theatrical cream make-up and powder it repeatedly. During the run of CATS the guys working up a sweat were powdered every time they came off stage in the wings to soak up the sweat.

Back to top Go down

Question for those with theater experience Empty Re: Question for those with theater experience

Post by Kal Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:14 am

Baby powder?
Kal
Kal

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:43 am

green starblend, or mehron green intense pressed powder?
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarieka Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:00 pm

I also have a Grinch Gig coming up.

For powder I use Ben Nye Neutral Set powder, I'm also going to try Mehron Barrier Spray.
Sarieka
Sarieka

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-20

http://www.sarieka.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:25 pm

No barrier spray, and I use baby powder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Powder makeup with a huge layer of Green Marble sealer. OR airbrush it with Show offs Pro-Aiir Hybrid. Wink
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:56 am

We did a makeup test run last night and it held up really well with Shannon's baby powder.

I'm glad we did it because I could see how much more the highlights and shadows need to be brought out on his face.

The "Who's" look awesome!!!
Kal
Kal

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:12 pm

glad it was easy.  yes, it's theater, think exaggerated close up, so it looks normal from a distance Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Theatre has a "25 foot rule" - it should look good from 25 feet away! Powdering down works, it has been that way since I built my first theatre makeup kit in 1976 and took my first stage makeup class in 1985...

Doe
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 am

Question for those with theater experience Grinch10
Kal
Kal

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:44 am

nice work! matches the costume & looks very grinch-y. can see his features. and no melting.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Pic was post performance so the makeup held up well.

Thanks everyone!
Kal
Kal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Always best to use translucent setting powder. It is finely ground and will not clump or discolor your makeup like baby powder can.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down