Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!?

4 posters

Go down

WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!? Empty WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by m0mmas0n Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:13 am

I have questions on getting a business started, and going through the forums is starting to take forever. a little background on me is: military spouse(many relocations), stay at home mom of 4 3g/1b (glutton for punishment). I have been painting for about 4 years as a hobby, and I love doing it. I now want to do more and take the next step into a business. Price rates are set for the area I am in, and already checked into insurances/tax ID number stuff. I have no Idea how to put a business plan together(the internet is overwhelming). 1.Can Any one post or send me a sample of their specific face painting plan?   2. What is some good advise for a clueless starter?   I want to say Thank you in advance for any advice that you all can throw at me!  Very Happy I love you I love you

m0mmas0n

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Back to top Go down

WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Re: WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:02 am

I have 12 excerpts on my blog from my e-book The Business of Face Painting.

The first one is about the Business Plan.

https://shannonfennell.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/business-tips-for-face-painters-body-artists-and-make-up-artists-1-the-business-plan/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:36 pm

hi shannon, happened to go to the link for the business plan, then read some of your blog posts from earlier this summer. wanted to say i'm sorry to hear your mom passed away. Neutral i hope you have a lot of good memories of her. I love you
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by EnchantedFacesbyDalton Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Congratulations on getting into the face painting business!!! You came to the right place, this website has some of the best advice on this business!

1. Just because rates are set in your area does not mean you have to stick to those rates, unless you are happy with them and continue to grow your business!

2. Insurance is always great, but I did watch a FabaTv video which states that if you do not have a big business "which many of us don't" then insurance is not really needed. For myself, insurance is not expensive and it's always about having a sound mind when having it.

The business plan-

What exactly are you looking for in a business plan?

My biggest advice after you obtain, the correct paints, brushes, and the supplies to start the business is to simply have well thought out marketing material. I have seen many including myself within the first year or two change marketing material, which can be costly.

For example, you may be really set on a business card you just created, but you started some more research, maybe seen another face painter card and BAM! You want to revamp it and create something new. This can be the same for flyers, banners, postcards, and other marketing material.

Also, write down what works! Many people I have seen just wing the sale, but when creating a sell sheet with what works grows your business a lot faster!

Good luck!
EnchantedFacesbyDalton
EnchantedFacesbyDalton

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-09-30

http://www.enchantedfacesbydalton.com

Back to top Go down

WERE TO START?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Help

Post by lisajoshua5 Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi.

I'm also looking at starting my own face painting business. I have been doing this for approx 4 years on and off, but mainly for family and friends. I absolutely love doing it. I just have a few questions about the legal side of things.

My local City Council has informed me that I do not need a license and I have already looked at Public Liability Insurance. I have also done a risk assessment. Do I need to register my small business. I am only in the UK for another 2 years and because I am still studying at university, my estimated annual income is fairly low. I predict that I will not meet the minimum tax requirement within these 2 years, however, will I need to fill out tax returns?

Can you also advise me on other legal requirements to set up e.g. National Insurance.

Many thanks,

Lisa J.07.25.2017

lisajoshua5

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down