Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (:

3 posters

Go down

Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: Empty Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (:

Post by poopitypants Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Hey guys!

I've been playing around with henna for a few months, practicing. Now I can't always practice on myself, but I'm a college student, and know some coffee shops full of 20-somethings extremely excited for the opportunity of henna-for-free/tips, so I do have an outlet when I need it (: Hoping to add this to my services.

My biggest problem, with this AND face painting, is that I'm rarely inspired to try new things, and have them look good! Most of what I do that looks decent is because I've taken very direct inspiration from another picture. I think I can come up with some basic henna designs off the bat now, but they're all the same flower and vine and leaf things- I'm stuck when it comes to incorporating paisley, peacocks, eyes... and jewelry type designs. Ugh. I'll just have to keep working on it.

But that's just a rant- I'm here to half show off, half ask for advice on how to make my designs better/improve my technique. I can tell I've come a long way from my first shakey attempts which is super exciting, and a jacquard bottle makes it SO much easier to control my lines... it does hurt once it hits, like, 75% fullness, but I don't think I'll ever be doing it in high enough volume for that to be a big worry.

Any tips are super appreciated (:

And yes, I totally did use filters on all of these.

Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: 10155635_10204963668308129_4792235294347823623_n
Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: 10372346_10204963668108124_2496538494417474715_n
Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: 10891988_1610798799147945_4918619852335570596_n

poopitypants

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: Empty Re: Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (:

Post by jlirie Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:57 pm

i think you're good to go, nice work Very Happy

keep in mind most artists get inspiration from designs they find around them or from others. there's no shame in learning from people who have gone before.

how about looking at art prints, fabric patterns, close up nature photography, photos of mechanical parts, architecture, etc for ideas?

and, as you mentioned, real jewelry..
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (: Empty Re: Playing with Henna- constructive criticism/showing off (:

Post by rthling Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Very nice.
I pretty much do other designs I have seen on Instagram or the web. No shame there.
But I honeatly found working with a cone to be easier on my hand, than a jaq bottle.
Lookin good!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down