Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback for name idea

+3
anniel
Giggle Loopsy
Paigey
7 posters

Go down

Feedback for name idea Empty Feedback for name idea

Post by Paigey Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 am

Hi. I'm just looking for some feedback from people for my business name idea. So far my personal favourite is..... Facepaint Fever.
Opinions?
I like the idea of starting the name with 'facepaint' followed by something catchy and playful.
The only other ideas I've come up with that aren't already used by a lot of other facepainters is just a simple (my name) facepainting. Which I really don't like. Smile
Help would be appreciated!

Paigey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-09-04

Back to top Go down

Feedback for name idea Empty Re: Feedback for name idea

Post by Giggle Loopsy Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 am

Good morning!

I love your idea of having "facepaint," followed by a catchy word. Maybe it's just me, but the word "fever" has negative connotations to me (sickness). Sad

Another thing to consider is how people will find you. I've done a lot of Google keyword research and by far, the most popular term searched is "face painting [name of city]."

In other words, people search that term far more than they search facepaint face paint, face painter, etc. Just something to keep in mind. Smile

That being said, you can name your business something altogether different and still make it work. My business name, officially, is "Giggle Loopsy." However, when I list my business name online, including with Google Local, my business name is "Giggle Loopsy - Face Painting Clown!"

Making this simple change made a big difference in my organic Google Local ranking.

Best of luck to you, so nice to have you here on the forums!
Giggle Loopsy
Giggle Loopsy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://giggleloopsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:22 pm

I agree with Giggles---How about Facepaint Fantasies, if you want to keep the alliteration?
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Having Face Paint in the name is great for google searches, but i would choose something other then 'fever'.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Paigey Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 pm

My other ideas are 'Fab Faces' but doing a google search brings up heaps of other facepaint businesses with that name. Do you think that matters?

Paigey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 am

agree, the word "fever" might even suggest face painting could be harmful, which you don't want.

keep tinkering with terms until you get something you really like. an online thesaurus might help - ie. google "fever synonyms" or any other word and the word synonyms.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa1 Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:05 am

facepaint : mania, frenzy, madness, Feat, grins, hoopla (that one keeps appearing in my searches lol- I kinda like it but not sure it really works as a business name...)

vanessa1

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:36 pm

i think the important question is - what impression do you want your customers to get when they see your business name? what do you want them to think or feel about your business? and would it inspire them to hire you?

put yourself in their shoes - say the name out loud, write it down as it would appear in your promotional materials - would you be inspired to hire you?
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

I think if you went with Facepaint Fever you'd be found by all the mom's searching why their kid is sick after attending someone's birthday party and wondering if it could be from face painting. You might even put it into some people's mind that face painting can result in a fever. How about Fancy Facepainting or Facepainting Frolics or Fascinating Faces?
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down