Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

+17
saloner
gaebell
alezmata
TheGildedCat
pinkundies
Erica's Funny Faces
nikkili26
PaintedFaces
Face Painting by Jessica
JJJJJ
Rebons
VictoriaS
elantaura
barbb919
tamarielpaints
Gretchen
TinafromNY
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 pm

They changed the formula, obviously. There is the proof... so why keep denying it?? No idea.

It is different and not any better than anything else now. I still have several black with the beeswax which will be kept for my "special" customers!

Back to top Go down

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

Post by alezmata Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:06 am

I agree my black is a goopy mess and my white does not have the quality of opaqueness, Wolfe is know for. Both of my current pots are, "newer" purchased in bulk after we went through the hysteria of not being able to purchase white when they were out of stock.
alezmata
alezmata

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gaebell Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 am

I have looked at the picture and the wolfe cake has a very old batch number,I have a paint from six years ago batch number 53, which contains parrafin wax. I am not saying that wolfe paint did not contain beeswax, but I am saying that it was six years ago that it did contain Parrafin wax, I have an MSDS dated april 2007 stating the product ingredients, one being parrafin wax, so I would,nt blame this for the product change.
gaebell
gaebell

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-28

http://www.tagbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:41 am

Yesterday it was goop city again! It takes longer and more frequent re-loading and extended time to twirl the brush to try to remove the thickness before using it. It is frustrating and upsetting to have impaired quality going on. I am also going to seek an alternative. This is too bad because I had just ordered some extra black and white and now have in stock some 90 gram containers that I will probably use, but not as first choice. I don't appreciate the extra expense of this all. And I really loved the stuff.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by saloner Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:57 am

Wolfe paints are NUMBER 1 with nearly everyone. They need to handle this carefully or, as some have already noted that people WILL find other mfg for black and white. That will CRUSH their business.
saloner
saloner

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-04-18

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintnmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35 pm

I have already ordered some Diamond F/X from the FacePaintForumShop. I was put off by the response from Wolfe Brothers in this thread that denied the change in formula. Yes, they were technically correct that there was NO change in the formula when the Wolfe Eye was stamped on.... I did not like the fact that it was not disclosed that their formula had already changed. I feel both lied to... and validated at the same time. I knew the Wolfe White had changed. When will corporations learn to tell the whole truth and that an omission of the truth is the same as lying? I already own TAG White. I will experiment over the next job to see which holds up better, Wolfe, DFX or TAG. Thank you Wolfe for freeing my loyalty up to try new brands.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Well, it is all made in China Rolling Eyes not to say that there aren't great products from there that I love. Egg Rolls. Orange Chicken. Egg Drop Soup... Ok I know that comes off as horrible. BUT I wonder what the factories are like that make this paint... OK!

So personally I do like Paradise Black - yes for linework! Not quite the same but very pigmented and is made in the USA. I may give cameleon a try too for black and white but I wonder if those are also made in China? I know they are designed in Europe but I think they are a similar formula.

I think Kryvaline is made in Canada - or was at least developed there.  Don't take my word for it though.
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm wondering how FAB black/white holds up. Marcela mentioned at a class I took with her that she uses FAB black/white...
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Me too. I thought all of their paints were the glycerin base. Remember that Marcela is affiliated with Silly Farm so that may sway her opinion - not that it isn't valid and I like FAB paint in general, too.
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Cameleon and Kryvaline come from the same factory in China. Sorry to burst your bubble...Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 pm

thought so. Laughing 
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Oh, Shannon!
Have I called you a funsucker yet today?

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:31 pm

just for an idea, I did this while on the phone to another face painter lol its hard to paint and chat on a mobile - I have no idea where the speaker button is yet, as I have only had it two weeks.
so.. um not my um best work and the idea was for it to be fast not redone...but you all get the idea

The dfx blobbed on me so i did it again. why there is two what happens when painting whilst on the phone. even though it is whiter the know its due to a blob the one that swings around it more accurate.

Now to be fair all the cakes and stroke were done in10 sec - I gave it 10 as they were all dry and un primed. This was really just for me to have a look for myself as a fast thing but I decided to share it with you because I didn't think many painters would have as many whites.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

So I have Kryolan, paradise, FAB, cameleon, Snazaroo, TAG.
then
FPA, wolfe, DFX.
I bought cameleon white since my last post and it is not good for linework in terms of the white - it is a little different.

now everybody no picking on my painting whilst of the phone Wink
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I just got an email about a new product, thought I'd ask everyone's thoughts/opinions. Is this something you'd try? http://showoffsba.com/index.php/products/airbrush-makeup/dips-coming-soon
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:49 pm

hmmm, wolfe still looks better than paradise and snaz-sharper crisper lines, more uniform color....thanks so much for the swatches-guess i'll still order wolfe white afterall..

though to be more fair, should've di a swatch pic an hour later too...my snaz totally fades after about an hour over other colors
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 am

Hmm... Snaz really wasn't the worst.

The Dips apparently work very well from what I have seen on the interwebs. I haven't tried them, and don't plan to.

Face painting is temporary and most people getting painted accept that. If I have a party or client that wants it to last beyond normal expectations I will use other products.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 am

fesspenter wrote:Oh, Shannon!
Have I called you a funsucker yet today?

xoxo
Not till now. You're welcome!tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 am

I have been using dfx and wolfe since I started 5 years ago...dfx is doing the exact same thing as the wolfe...its getting gooey and all of the colors are now soft and not as hard as they use to be...the yellow use to be impossible to cut if you wanted to make a split cake...now you can cut all of the colors very easy
just my 2 cents..but I think they changed wolfe and dfx...I got an email from dfx will post later
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 am

here is the email I got back from them you will have to read it from the bottom up ..

Hi Barb,

Glad you don't spray water in the containers.
This could have bad effects on the skin if the skin is sensitive.

The humidity is an issue when the pigments are prepared, don't know it will affect the paint when it is mixed.
I could be that Wolfe has the same pigment and that it was manufactured also with the high humidity.

Your welcome for the feedback.

Regards/ Met vriendelijke groet,

Willem Assies
Diamond FX

Pretty Face B.V.
Postbus 9354
1800GJ Alkmaar
The Netherlands
0031- 620385188
info@dfxfaceart.nl

-----Original Message-----
Sent: woensdag 7 augustus 2013 17:25
To: DiamondFX
Subject: RE: regarding DFX products

i never spray my paints I always spray my sponge..I never put my lids on..thanks for the info the humidity here in the summer is pretty bad...and i have 2 white and 2 black and i rotate when using...
I also noticed that my wolfe black and white are doing the same thing they are getting gooey...
this has not been an issue till eairlier this year...
thanks for your feed back.

Barb

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:04 AM, DiamondFX wrote:

Hi Barb,
The colors have been updated to new cosmetic regulations. That is the
reason that the paint is not that hard, and more softer than before.
The paints are not affected by the weather after they have been
produced. It is in the manufacturing process that could cause the
softness.
Also it is a good thing that you leave the lid off for a bit to let
the paint dry. But do not spry the water in the container as I have
seen in some youtube videos. This will make the paint too wet and
could cause bacteria to grow in the paint.

Regards/ Met vriendelijke groet, Willem Assies Diamond FX Pretty
Face B.V. Postbus 9354 1800GJ Alkmaar The Netherlands
0031- 620385188
info@dfxfaceart.nl

-----Original Message-----
From: barbb919@charter.net [mailto:barbb919@charter.net] Sent: vrijdag
2 augustus 2013 16:35
To: DiamondFX
Subject: RE: regarding DFX products

I have never encountered this problem before as the yellow use to be
very hard you could not even cut it..now when I get them before i even
use them i can cut the yellow very easy...it jus seams that they are
not like they were last yeas as i still have some colors from then.
thanks for your info...and i noticed back in january the
difference...and in wisconsin the winters here are very very cold.
some times below zero I also don't leave the lids on after I paint so
they can dry out...another thing I also noticed was that the white
doesn't seam as opaque as it use to be..

thanks again...
Barb

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM, DiamondFX wrote:

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your email.
I am glad to hear you are satisfied with our products and I’m sorry
that you have encountered some problem.
Last week it was brought to my attention and got a reply from our
manufacturer.
It is difficult to control the colors not to be soft because the
pigments are influenced by the weather.
If the humility is high the colors could be soft.

If you have colors that are soft you can put the container in the
oven for 20-30 min at 100’celcius.
This should make the paint less wet and gooey.

Hope it is useful.

Regards/ Met vriendelijke groet,

Willem Assies

Diamond FX

Pretty Face B.V.
Postbus 9354

1800GJ Alkmaar

The Netherlands

0031- 620385188

info@dfxfaceart.nl

From: barbb919@charter.net [mailto:barbb919@charter.net] Sent:
vrijdag
2 augustus 2013 5:08
To: info@dfxfaceart.nl
Subject: regarding DFX products

I have been using DFX for the past 5 years and I do have to say I
love it...but just in the past 5 months I have noticed a change in
the consistancy of the paints...they tend to get gooey really fast
and are very very soft now...I was just wondering what could be done
about it..my brown looks wet all the time and I rarely use it...I
have also heard alot of complaints from other artist who use your
products..I also have noticed the wolfe black and white are getting
gooey also...

I just wanted to let you know my problems with the DFX white and
black and some of the other colors they get really gooey and get all
gummed up in the paint brush...

Just wanted to let you know..

thnks

Barbara Breitung

Tappy's Face Painting

Lacrosse Wisconsin
United States

I buy from
Jest Paint

barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 pm

wow, put it in the oven? has anybody tried that? I'm too scared to experiment just yet.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't think putting in the oven is a good idea...I did try the microwave for about 7 seconds...didn't help
im thinking of maybe getting a de humidifier...to see if that will take the moisture out
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I put mine in a fan forced oven at 40c it took 2 hours and after it cooled, made it a little more solid but overall not a great deal unfortunately.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Really, should the customer have to go to such lengths to improve a product's performance?

Just ... frustrated.

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 pm

no they should not...wolfe and dfx need to go back to the old formula...or maybe watch the humidity there when they make them which I think isn't the problem as I have been and a lot of other have been buying wolf and dfx for a long time...so the weather should not be the problem like dfx said in their email to me
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:20 pm

no - it's not the weather. tuesday i painted inside at a camp where the air conditioning made it pretty cool. the black was a MESS again.

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next