Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

+17
saloner
gaebell
alezmata
TheGildedCat
pinkundies
Erica's Funny Faces
nikkili26
PaintedFaces
Face Painting by Jessica
JJJJJ
Rebons
VictoriaS
elantaura
barbb919
tamarielpaints
Gretchen
TinafromNY
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! Empty WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

Post by TinafromNY Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm

I wrote to Wolfe bros about how the white especially is different and just got THIS reply, which I think is bolony anyway...but I knew you'd all find this interesting! See below:

"We have been hearing about this rumor floating around for a little while now.
I can assure you that our makeup is the exact same formula that it has been for 6 plus years. Nothing has been changed, nothing has been tweeked.
Only thing different is that we started to put the logo into the makeup to differentiate our makeup with knockoffs."

TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! Empty Re: WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

Post by Gretchen Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Oh yeah, I JUST posted a letter from my sales rep at Wolfe yesterday on the forum, which you can see here:

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t14871-regarding-wolfe-s-new-paints-with-the-eye-imprint-on-them#211144
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! Empty Re: WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!!

Post by TinafromNY Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks Gretchen. Ir ead it and I don't believe them. All the face painters USING it can't be wrong. I love, in the letter yu got, how they said "for all those who feel the need to scrutinize Wolfe paint"....I thought that was a pretty snotty attitude towards complaining customers and nasty to say. It was like a polite way of telling everyone to F off!!!!! I say everyone look for better whites and blacks and then maybe Wolfe will care a little more about the people spending good money on their product that isn't performing up to par!!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 pm

LOL, I wrote this back to them:

Thank you for your response. But I don't think it's a "rumor"...face painters all over are saying your new paint with the eye on it isn't performing the same as it used to. I also know it isn't, because I painted with your old and now I'm painting with the new.

so then I got THIS back lol:

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as accusing, Its just that there is not 1 thing int the formula that has changed. We have even have asked all of our artists as well as sponsored artists (that use the makeup on a daily basis) this question a month or so ago (when this showed up in the forums) and none of them have had any problems like what is being talked about. Its hard to fix a problem when we can't recreate it.
But, rest-assured, we are aware that some people in the face painting forums are talking about this and we are paying attention to it, and trying to look into it. But sorry, at this time I don't have much more info to tell you.

then they suddenly sent me a second email:

o, and also i ment rumor in that people are saying the makeup formula has changed. This is a rumor. The formula is 100% identical. We know this because our makeup is run threw dozens of test on a quarterly basis. We have to for some of our customers. We would know if something accidentally changed at the factory.

TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Ok, so then if it's not the formula, here are some other thoughts:
1) something is "off" with the temperature at the shipping/storage facility ie somewhere along the line the product is getting too hot, too humid, too cold, etc.
2) the quality of one of their raw ingredients changed. What used to be excellent is now subpar. So Wolfe FX might be buying the same brand of "x", but "x" is no longer as good as it used to be.
3) they switched suppliers for a wrong ingredient. The formula calls for the same 800 grams of "y" but instead of coming from the ABB company, it's coming from the DDP Company.

I'm having a hard time believing that Wolfe FX is being this insistent that "nothing has changed". If quality in a product changes and MASSIVE amounts of users are noticing it, it makes good sense to figure out if something OUTSIDE the factory changed.
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 pm

So she stated "our makeup is the exact same formula that it has been for 6 plus years"... I am still using Wolfe black and white from the original packaging of black bottoms with clear slightly domed lids which is more than 6 years old... And I have some in the clear stackable containers that were smaller in diameter than the current ones, and some of the current containers with the eye imprint.

They are different. The old is very waxy looking and completely opaque when applied, takes very little water to work and load.

And the middle one is so-so. Obviously something changed by then.

I've always had a Snaz or Kryolan white AND a Wolfe white in my palette. When I filled up my new palette this spring I put in one of the eye imprint Wolfes - it was one of the whole new cakes I had. It does not resemble my old cakes in texture, performance or ease of loading at all. And it doesn't stay opaque over other colours which is why I had it in my working palette. Once I've used it up I'll put another colour in there.

AND... it uses up way faster than the old stuff! That was one of the cool things about the original Wolfe - how long it lasted as you barely had to swipe it to load the brush!

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 pm

I have to agree with Shannon...the old wolfe you barely had to use any water and it flowed really nice...I have noticed that the new wolfe gets gooey and the white is not as white and opaque as it use to be...maybe they need to paint with it and see the difference...my black really gums up on the brush and so does the white DFX use to be like the old wolfe but I find that its doing the same thing...I sent an email to dfx to see what kind of response I would get from them...thanks for sharing the info in the wolfe
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:39 pm

its funny reading this thread as I noticed a few weeks ago and thought that the consistency of my wolfe white was way more watery. To compare I pulled out a 2 year old unused pot of dfx I had - I was thinking about selling it. Just because off this thought, I decided to use it. low and behold its less watery and more consistent than my wolfe. The irony is that 2 years ago I had 2 pots - one of which is the unused one of dfx I have now. They both came in the same box as I was chatting with the supplier at the time.
I ordered wolfe a few months later and decided after testing that it was better - which is why I put the unused DFX in the cupboard in the first place.

So I know even two years ago what I was using was much better than now. As what I have previously replaced the DFX with, is the stuff I am ironically replacing wolfe with now.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 pm

DFX is doing the same thing as the new wolfe is its getty very gooey...
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaS Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 pm

You know... I thought it was something I was doing, but my DFX black is ultra gooey and embarrassingly in our humid weather.
VictoriaS
VictoriaS

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-11-16

http://www.biggrinsfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebons Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Ok so first of all I'm so happy to discover I'm not insane... Well I am insane but not regarding this. I just got Wolfe thanks to the rave reviews and thought I must be using it wrong... Gooey is the word!
So second and more importantly, what do I do now? Has anyone tried "kryvaline"?
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I just ordered TAG white and also TAG Pearl Black. I'll let you know how they perform after I start using them!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:09 pm

so basically after this 2 yo pot runs out I am stuffed? umm... So on that note has anyone tried cameleon white for line work?
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I feel like crying. I am not crying. But I feel like it! I want my workable black back. Wah.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:19 pm

You would think that a sales rep would at least attempt to respond with properly spelled words...

o, and also i ment rumor in that people are saying the makeup formula has changed. This is a rumor. The formula is 100% identical. We know this because our makeup is run threw dozens of test on a quarterly basis. We have to for some of our customers. We would know if something accidentally changed at the factory.
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I KNOW, I thought the same thing lol
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:41 am

Great, my old Wolfe black is just about to run out. Sad I've had it forever and it's amazing. Sounds like painting will never be the same. Damn cheap Chinese factories.

I'm glad I'm not going crazy too. The white I've bought in the last year or so is definitely not the white I used to recommend because it went over any other colour.
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 am

well, this sucks! I was waiting till I used up my last bit of paradise and snaz white to buy wolfe white.

is there any other white that DOES do a pretty decent job coloring over other colors?
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 am

Based on this label on one of my last whites... the formula, obviously, DID change...

And while we are on the topic... the Red is different from the original as well. It used to be a nice deep true red, now it has an orange tinge - not really blood coloured anymore Mad 

WOLFE BROS. reply to me about their new black and white!!! Wolfewhite

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:40 am

The white is definitely showing bleed-through of the underlying colors on designs now. Even when the brush is nicely loaded and the bottom coat is dry and the brushstrokes are quick.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Shannon, your photo is cut off as it's too big or something...and I'm dying to read the older label! Is it the beeswax vs parrafin wax difference? I have noticed my Wolfe black does get gooey, but I've only been using it for a year so didn't realize it ever wasn't! But I still LOVE it as is so can't imagine how awesome it was if it used to be even better!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 am

Right click on the photo and select Open in New Tab... then you can read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 am

I wanted to see it to so bad I just right clicked and saved the image. You should write to them with that photo evidence and tell us what they have to say Shannon. Are they going to say that's a knock off and not their product? If so, where can I get some of the knock off stuff? Lol
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkundies Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Give that job to Tina.. Sic 'em Tina!
pinkundies
pinkundies

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.sweetcheeksfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm glad others are finally agreeing it has changed. I complained about this a while ago and people on various forums kept insisting I was just using too much water and not letting the paints dry out even though they were gooey straight out of the package, unused....seriously!?
I could almost pour out my wolfe neons Sad
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next