Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area)

+2
Kris5115
cath03
6 posters

Go down

Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area) Empty Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area)

Post by cath03 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 am

Hi, would just like to say hello and thanks for the welcome to the forum. I hope to meet fellow face painters in my area (if possible) with a view to meeting up.

I'm very new to face painting and did my first free party for about 40 children at the weekend. One of the mums helped out...thankfully. I found it completely nerve wracking and my hand wouldn't stop shaking. It was fantastic though (once I calmed down and got over my nerves), but definitely need a lot more experience before I would consider myself a qualified face painter. Smile
cath03
cath03

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-04-01

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area) Empty Re: Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area)

Post by Kris5115 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:34 am

Hi and welcome!
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area) Empty Re: Greetings from a newbie in Scotland (Glasgow area)

Post by fesspenter Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 am

Welcome to the Forum!
There is a thread on this Forum regarding shaky hands. The Search box on the Forum is very exacting. It is better to do a search on Google like this.... facepaintforum shaky hands
You will get more results to choose to read.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by cath03 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you. That's really very helpful fesspenter. I'm off to dd a search now. I was really shocked at how nervous I was and actually used my other hand over the top of the painting one to try and control it...lol
cath03
cath03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Smile
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Yup, I get nervous before a big gig, too.
I think it is because I am really striving to get better and better with every face painting I do.
I cut back on coffee.
I breathe.
My first face painting that I do is never my best. I am trying to do my second face, first. It is not working. The first face is always, well, first. I hit my stride as I go.
Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Welcome Cath03 - Nice to have you at the forum. Best of luck with your next gigs. Just remember to laugh and have fun with the kiddos and they nerves will dissapear quickly
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cath03 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 am

Many thanks for the welcome....and the tips to keep my nerves intact. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better and also learning some valuable information, tips and techniques from everyone. Very Happy
cath03
cath03

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Welcome to this wonderful and inspiring forum!!!
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down