Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Airbrush System to Buy?

4 posters

Go down

Which Airbrush System to Buy? Empty Which Airbrush System to Buy?

Post by BigDaddy Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 pm

A very good friend of mine started up a Facepainting Business in 2012. Now that it's just getting into the time to start booking shows for this year, she wants to branch out into doing Airbrush Tattoos. I've been looking at every wholesale site out there but it seems as if you don't spend several thousand dollars, you are not getting he right stuff.

I want to get the best bang for my buck and I was looking at the Zero G II but it's too costly. I saw a few kits at Airbrush Depot but they have my head reeling.

I'd like to spend under $500.00 on this and I definitely need the ability to change out guns like some of the 6 gun systems sold by Airbrush Depot or the multi - res system like the Zero G.

I'd like the other members here to share some knowledge, and tell me what to buy and where to buy it? You can also private message me if you'd prefer, I just really need this information as I told her that this will be a combo-present for Christmas and her Birthday which is next week. I'm not opposed to buying used equipment as long as it's in great condition and the price is right.

Also need advice as to where to buy, Body/Face Paint, Stencils, and other supplies.

Can the same paint's be used for both hand or airbrush applications and where to buy the supplies.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to red this post and giving me some pointers.

BigDaddy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Which Airbrush System to Buy? Empty Re: Which Airbrush System to Buy?

Post by JennyNixe Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm

In general, folks are more responsive to requests for information if you provide them with pertinent facts, such as:

How often does your friend plan to do these tattoos?

What kinds of places is she planning to work? Corporate events, festivals, etc.?

Will she have a power source when she's working?

How much equipment is she able to lug?

Does she have any experience/training using an airbrush?

As far as buying supplies, what brands does she want to use? Everyone is different, and different shops sell different brands.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Having taught airbrush face and body art for 10 years + I tell people the best set up to start is about $1000. It you email me I will send a copy of the resource hand out from my classes.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddy Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank you for the responses.

Sweet Loretta, I have emailed you through your website.

JennyNixe, I will respond to the best of my ability;

How often does your friend plan to do these tattoos?
She wants to do this as much as she can book or a few days a week at least.

What kinds of places is she planning to work? Corporate events, festivals, etc.?
Festivals, Fairs, Community Events, Church Functions, ect.

Will she have a power source when she's working?
I believe that she will always have power available but I may want to get her a compressed air bottle if she can't find power.

How much equipment is she able to lug?

She already has a Tent, some Flash and she has been doing her gigs with regular Body Paint, brushes and sponges.

Does she have any experience/training using an airbrush?

No she does not. She mostly does Oil on Canvass but she loves working with kids, loves getting paid for doing something she loves.

As far as buying supplies, what brands does she want to use? Everyone is different, and different shops sell different brands.[i]

She recently located to outside Denver CO so I'm not sure if there are local shops to buy from or she wil have to go strictly through the internet.

BigDaddy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaS Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Search this forum. I semi reviewed re zero g II. I like it. Not cheap but I like it better than my previous AB guns. I'm going to try out a new AB fp with it and I'll review.
VictoriaS
VictoriaS

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-11-16

http://www.biggrinsfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down