Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos?

+6
sweethavenarts
Jucylucy
lorikenh
lady jynx
ladysinaz
veelux
10 posters

Go down

Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos? Empty Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos?

Post by veelux Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I am wondering if anyone has used eyelash glue for glitter tattoos? I have had parents refuse to let their kids get a tattoo because they don't want it to last more than the day. I am wondering if it would work with eyelash glue if it wasn't rubbing on clothes or anything. If you have tried it, how did it hold up? What a Face
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos? Empty Re: Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos?

Post by ladysinaz Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Can't you wash off the body glue?
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos? Empty Re: Using Eyelash Glue for Glitter Tattoos?

Post by lady jynx Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:13 pm

If I understand correctly, body glue is waterproof, so it doesn't just wash off.

However it does come off easily with oils, such as olive or vegetable. We used Chamomile for my poor daughter whom had been made to scratch off the bulk of hers in an incident at school. (We use alot of natural remedies and it helped soothe and heal the irritation, swelling, and nail scrapes due to a stupid person's ignorance) It was so easy.

I believe I read it can be also removed with rubbing alcohol but would recommend checking on that one.

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes, alcohol takes it off easiest, but some parents say they want something that will just wash off easier. We also tell them to use oil if they have it, but they still want some thing that will come off with soap and water like the paint will. I have never used eyelash glue for anything so I just wondered if anyone had tried it. I might just buy a bit of it and give it a try.

Lady Jinx, your poor little girl, sorry that happened to her.
veelux
veelux

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks Vee, it was my oldest and she is a trooper though plus we came out on top. I was just glad I had the Chamomile oil on hand to treat her with. Would have preferred lavender but I was out of it. Still I do love my oils, and was so happy when she proclaimed the relief. Eyes closed,, "ahh"ing and all. 4 hours after the injustice. But looks like we landed steady long term gigs for my BF out of the deal in addition to the stupid one not being allowed contact to my daughter or her friends(at risk of her job) and my girl is still bragging about how the school doesn't want her mama involved....wonder how many of them remember me from years past.......

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Anyways I am interested in the answer to your question as well as does the regular glue hold up if you use it over a design? Such as I do a buttery and outline and accent with a glitter tattoo will it stay when the paint is washed off?

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lorikenh Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm

I don't remember which company, Amerikan Body Art, Y-Body ? But they do make a tattoo glue that washes off in a day. Look for it.
lorikenh
lorikenh

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 am

You can use eyelash glue (the white type) or liquid latex. Apply the glitter when it is dry. It will peel off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jucylucy Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 am

Hiya I did try it , but I mixed it with my normal glue, luckily , ( well not for her ) I tried it out on my friend first , it went on ok then her skin started to bubble! Turned out she was allergic to latex ! Oops! So that put me off incase little ones skin to sensitive , didn't want to have to ask each parent if allergic to latex as read it's quite common .
What I have done before when doing tattoos for pictures , having to put them all over my legs etc or on the kids that don't want to last is use basic Pva glue! Lol sticks and holds really well and washes off end of day ( or next morning ) and used so widely in schools etc I'm thinking pretty safe Smile

I have the other problem I'm finding it hard finding a good glue to last longer and not wash off so easily ? Can anyone recommend one pls? Here in uk our stock shops are pretty rubbish Sad the best I found or thought was actually that ybody someone mentioned? But buy sounds of it must be allot better out there? X

Jucylucy

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sweethavenarts Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I do have the washable glitter tattoo glue. It's a COMPLETELY different animal from the regular glue. It's really thin and takes FOREVAR to dry. I need to play with it more, though. Maybe I will RIGHT NOW!
sweethavenarts
sweethavenarts

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-06-20

http://www.sweethavenarts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun Frog Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I use eyelash glue (NON LATEX) for tatts and have had them last 4 - 7 days. They are still washable, pat dry and remove with oil or acetone (nail polish remover, on arms and legs only NOT FACE). Drys fast and clear so I added a small amount of blue FP to tint it.
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.funfrogfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Art On You Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Ybody has a removable body glue. It works great. Did take a little longer to dry, but I just learned to put it on thin. I always ask my parents which they prefer and offer an alcohol swab if they choose the sticky one. I didn't know about the oils. Thank you for the tip. Smile
Art On You
Art On You

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Here you go:

http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-AGB/Glitter-Glue-ben-nye.html

Ben Nye Glitter Glue - in the stage makeup section. This is what I use for a washable glitter tattoo.
Doe
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauntedhouse62 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Doe,
Does it work to use stencils with this Nye glue? How do you use it?
Hauntedhouse62
Hauntedhouse62

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-05-18

http://www.littlesalem.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I did try that once Doe, its quite watery...I ended up spilling it so didn't get to use it much but its worth another try.  Thanks.  I had forgotten about it completely.
veelux
veelux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down