Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face?

+6
taldesign
Perry Noia
sweethavenarts
Facepainting by Tina
JJJJJ
Y-Von
10 posters

Go down

Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face? Empty Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face?

Post by Y-Von Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 pm

I received some glue from a reputable glitter online store. It said not to use on the face as the glue may harden. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does this mean I can't do them on the face at all? Help!
Thanks,
Y-Von

Y-Von

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-10-04

http://glitterinthecity@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face? Empty Re: Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am

Unless I am doing prothetics on adults, I don't put the strong adhesives on the face.

I would not do glitter tatts on the face with adhesives. I would tend to use latex/eyelash glue that would be easily removed by pealing it off. The stronger adhesives require solvents (alcohol or removers) to get off and those are not good on the face as there is a risk of major irritation.

That's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face? Empty Re: Is the glue for glitter tattoos safe for the face?

Post by JJJJJ Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 am

I don't ever use the glue on faces.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am

Michael's sells Tulip brand adhesive, I bought it to glue gems on people's faces while painting and it works beautifully, if they sweat a lot or get wet, it comes right off very easily, but otherwise remains quite tacky for a long time. I had gems on my face for about 18 hrs. (painted for a gig and then fell asleep with them on, just to see how it would last....only one came loose). It is sold alone or with about 10 rhinestone gems in the pack with it, and is intended to use on face/body.
Facepainting by Tina
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweethavenarts Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am

I bought a water washable glitter tattoo glue that can be used on faces. i just haven't figured out its butter zone yet- my edges stink and the glitter looks bunchy.
sweethavenarts
sweethavenarts

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-06-20

http://www.sweethavenarts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am

I don't like to do glitter tattoos on faces only because I don't think it would be nice to have that on their face for a week or more.... That being said, glitter tattoo glue is the same thing as what I use to stick my clown nose on all the time.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by taldesign Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 pm

here is a tutorial on the washable glue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1mTF5b0yA&feature=plcp

taldesign

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://www.shopglittertattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie Dust Tattoo Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:49 am

I found a kit called sweet cheeks. My daughter is obssessed with monster high and draculaura has a heart tattoo on her cheek. Right now my daughter has a sweet cheeks butterfly on her cheek. Though a merdical alcohol pad to remove a glitter tattoo as long as not you don't get it in the eyes is not gonna cause damage. The adhesive they attach electodes to your face with For EEGs is much worse than this glue and its removed with rubbing alcohol.
Pixie Dust Tattoo
Pixie Dust Tattoo

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am

Facepainting by Tina wrote:Michael's sells Tulip brand adhesive, I bought it to glue gems on people's faces while painting and it works beautifully, if they sweat a lot or get wet, it comes right off very easily, but otherwise remains quite tacky for a long time.  I had gems on my face for about 18 hrs. (painted for a gig and then fell asleep with them on, just to see how it would last....only one came loose).  It is sold alone or with about 10 rhinestone gems in the pack with it, and is intended to use on face/body.
I use the same thing for my gems and I always tell the parents to use either baby oil or an alcohol wipe to remove the glue. It can leave a bit of a sticky residue after washing the paint off so I always make sure to add that tip...
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 pm

For me it was always more of the scrubbing and even though cosmetic glitter is rounded, it's still an abrasive of sorts. So it's not that it will HURT the skin (being ON it) it's the getting the tattoo OFF that might cause trouble.

I would like to try the water washable glue (maybe I'll have to try it at a jam Sweethaven) because I think those tiny tattoos from Faketoose are darling and I don't apply a lot because we don't do faces but I bet I would if I could put them on cheeks.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhr2133 Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:16 am

Most glitter tat glue is Pros-aide and I believe it's restrictions are OK on skin including sensitive skin but not recommended for use on eyes or lips-so OK on the face but I agree with Denise, the removal scrubbing to get a glitter tat off is what would be irritating to the face
mhr2133
mhr2133

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie Dust Tattoo Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 am

I Have found that lightly rubbing with a medical swab removes them them very easily.
Pixie Dust Tattoo
Pixie Dust Tattoo

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down