Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint

Go down

Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint Empty Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint

Post by Spalmeroo Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi there,

I'm after some advice regarding white face paint. I'm involved in a new street theatre show where we have our faces painted - currently just all white with some black eye / lip / cheek detail.

We completed our first set of shows at the weekend however it was for an outdoor festival on the North East coast of England so its was rather chilly and therefore caused a lot of dripping noses!! I carried a tissue and tried to dab throughout the performance where possible but as with the others, the white under our noses slowly came off.

On the 2nd day of performances i tried to 'set' the white with baby powder as i had been advised however it didnt make much difference.

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? (apart from block our noses with tissue Very Happy) We are a group of drummers so our hands are busy during performances and to be honest i would have been less bothered about my nose dripping had i not been worried about what it was doing to the face paint!!! Oh and the majority were using Snazaroo white face paint but i used Mehron Paradise white cake.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Many Thanks Smile

Spalmeroo

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint Empty Re: Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

While face paint is easier to use, I would suggest using theatrical cream make-up which sets with powder.

Powdering face paint (water activated makeup) does absolutely nothing to help set it. Sometimes it can add a little staying power for colour intensity if you put the same colour powder on top, but, it is not a product that absorbs the powder so that doesn't help it stay.

Ben Nye or Mehron or Kryolan have "clown white" which is white cream make-up, that you can set with baby powder. Try those.

Back to top Go down

Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint Empty Re: Looking for some advice regarding setting white face paint

Post by Spalmeroo Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks very much! I shall give those a go Smile

Spalmeroo

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down