Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Husband wants to learn how to paint!

4 posters

Go down

My Husband wants to learn how to paint! Empty My Husband wants to learn how to paint!

Post by ParTIA Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 pm

My lovely dear husband has taken such an interest in my face painting that he wants to give it a go! I find it very endearing that he is interested in what I am passionate about. He has painted a few faces on the kids in the last few weeks, with nothing to go from- he has never been very artistic. I think he did a great job on his first try- but then when it didn't come to him instantly, he was frustrated. I explained it doesn't happen overnight. I have decided his wanting to learn is good on so many levels and a tiny bit bad on a few...

Here's the good:
*He gets the work I put into it. He understands what the demands of painting have on the body.
*He gets how much harder it is to paint on a real live (squiggling) child.
*He is excited for me to buy new supplies!!!! this is the best part!
*He is happy to spend the evenings painting with me!
*He wants to be my assistant at gigs (for now it will remain as line manager and possibly helping me with my tattoos) I have in the past felt like I was dragging him there.
*We get to share in a hobby, which is both fun and lucrative.

The down side:
*He truly has no artistic background, not that you can't learn, it is just harder!
*He doesn't have that artistic eye for design, so it is more like color by number for him. He needs take more artistic license.
*I don't want to have to hurt his feelings if he says he's ready to paint for money (not that he will anytime soon) but I don't know if I will be able to tell him the truth.

I don’t even know how long the interest will last, who knows he could already be over it!
ParTIA
ParTIA

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://www.partiafacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

My Husband wants to learn how to paint! Empty Re: My Husband wants to learn how to paint!

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Omg... TIA - you are LIVIN' THE DREAM!!!!! Cool
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

My Husband wants to learn how to paint! Empty Re: My Husband wants to learn how to paint!

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Teach him to be a Tattoo artist, he can do glitter or air brush tattoos, I see a lot of husbands start doing it and then fall in love and help a lot with the business , I wish my husband had more interest he is a great sales person and line manager.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ParTIA Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks, Ladies!
LOL, Miss Ronnie- I know, right!?!

@ artyfaces, I have recently started doing temptu tattoo transfers and I have him working on that. I am also contemplating glitter tat’s... I think that he'll be great at both of those.

And who knows maybe it's his secret hidden talent that has been waiting to display itself!
ParTIA
ParTIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm so jealous. My partner is nicely supportive of my face painting "little problem", but he doesn't really get it and won't even let me paint him!

I'd love to have him interested. It would be like a 2-person fun jam in the evenings, once our son had gone to bed! Laughing
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ParTIA Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 pm

It did take him over a year for his interest to peak. When I first started, he was supportive- but not interested at all. I think after seeing that this can make some good money and help add additional support to our family finances he has more interest.

We did laugh hard the other night when we sat there painting each other's faces!
ParTIA
ParTIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down