Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

4 posters

Go down

PAINT BRANDS..!!!! Empty PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

Post by MaBe Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi...
I'll start my business for face painting. I don't know which one to buy. What paint brands do you recommend for face painting?
I will appreciate your help. Very Happy
MaBe
MaBe

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

PAINT BRANDS..!!!! Empty Re: PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

Post by martha Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm

There is an area for frequently asked questions and one for face painting kit. Both have tons of info.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm

MaBe---have your ordered any paint yet?

I am a pretty new Newbie---and I have very little to invest in my first order....once I earned a little I ordered one of each kind of paint so I knew what to except and figured I would learn my favorites and only buy them--

As a newbie I suggest ordering a Black and White and then a pallet. It helps to learn the colors. I really do like Wolfe, but the Arty cakes (tag also) help us ko amazing things with little work.

I did a smell test on each one...under Smell the Paint or something...and found I don't like the smell of starblends so I might not order those again, but a woman named Denise here does AMAZING things with Starblend. So no one can really answer that question straight out for you.

If you don't mind me asking---how much are you going to invest?

I had $50 (US) to spend the first time---I got an arty cake in Blk & White, a rainbow one, two brushes, 2 sponges (the green are 'thicker' than the pink ones and I think easier to use), a glitter poof bottle (large cut, don't like the large one--I got the fairy one and I like that a lot more), and a brush bath. My mom bought me 2 $8.00 Snaz kits from Hobby Lobby.

It was really good to start out with until I felt more comfortable. I did about 30 faces (but practice) with those two arty cakes before buying more.

I like Paradise, Wolfe (for black)--but not TAG for black (gets goopy), I also like all my tag and arty cakes I have gotten.
So while one brand is really hard to suggest--I do suggest getting the smallest of each brand so you can each one and practice with it.

Hope that helps a little.
The two best shops I have found are sillyfarm and this Facepaintforum site shop. Sillyfarm has a larger selection, but facepaintforum is really fast shipping.

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MaBe Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

amylady222 wrote:MaBe---have your ordered any paint yet?

I am a pretty new Newbie---and I have very little to invest in my first order....once I earned a little I ordered one of each kind of paint so I knew what to except and figured I would learn my favorites and only buy them--

As a newbie I suggest ordering a Black and White and then a pallet. It helps to learn the colors. I really do like Wolfe, but the Arty cakes (tag also) help us ko amazing things with little work.

I did a smell test on each one...under Smell the Paint or something...and found I don't like the smell of starblends so I might not order those again, but a woman named Denise here does AMAZING things with Starblend. So no one can really answer that question straight out for you.

If you don't mind me asking---how much are you going to invest?

I had $50 (US) to spend the first time---I got an arty cake in Blk & White, a rainbow one, two brushes, 2 sponges (the green are 'thicker' than the pink ones and I think easier to use), a glitter poof bottle (large cut, don't like the large one--I got the fairy one and I like that a lot more), and a brush bath. My mom bought me 2 $8.00 Snaz kits from Hobby Lobby.

It was really good to start out with until I felt more comfortable. I did about 30 faces (but practice) with those two arty cakes before buying more.

I like Paradise, Wolfe (for black)--but not TAG for black (gets goopy), I also like all my tag and arty cakes I have gotten.
So while one brand is really hard to suggest--I do suggest getting the smallest of each brand so you can each one and practice with it.

Hope that helps a little.
The two best shops I have found are sillyfarm and this Facepaintforum site shop. Sillyfarm has a larger selection, but facepaintforum is really fast shipping.

Thanks for the info.
No haven't ordered anything yet. I was thinking to order my first paint from silly farm, but as you said I will try both stores to see which one works better to me ... Thank a lot.
MaBe
MaBe

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 am

Wolfe white and Wolfe black for linework.
TAG is my choice for everything else, generally.
FAB silver.

In my kit, I have primarily TAG, D F/X, MAC, Kryolan & Wolfe. If you are not sure about brands/colors, order a sampler palette.

The FacePaintForum Shop is where I try to buy the bulk of my supplies, as Metina pays for this Forum. I find the prices competitive and the shipping rates less, and shipping is SO fast and well-packaged. I have gotten 4 brushes and a few paints packed in an overly large box filled with shipping peanuts from Silly Farm, when it could have all fit in a padded envelope and been MUCH cheaper to ship. Metina fits all her packages together, with no wasted space or products being crushed.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down