Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face Paints Australia

+6
Faces by Ainslie
Creations
Deborah Lane
Peachymango
AUSSIE3070
Cherry
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Face Paints Australia Empty Face Paints Australia

Post by Cherry Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:31 am

Hello,
I was just shopping for more supplies and saw that there is a brand called 'Face paints Australia'. Is this new or have I been living under a rock? What's it like to use? I primarily use tag, FAB and snaz in my kit.

Thanks!

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Face Paints Australia Empty Re: Face Paints Australia

Post by AUSSIE3070 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi - They've been around for 5 or 6 years. The Looney Bin in Fern Tree Gully sells it exclusively, I think.

They're a great bunch of girls there - ring them or better still visit! Go to their website - they have JAMS 2nd Weds & Thurs of every month...a great way to meet other face painters.

The paint's consistancy is like Wolfe. hope that helps
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 am

I agree it's like Wolfe paint. I have couple of small pallets of them. One with basic colours and one that's half metallic and half UV colours. I've had them for a few years now and the paint is still good to use. I used the U V colours recently to paint at an event that had black light lighting effects and it worked well.
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:06 am

I recently bought some of their product, but had to return it as there is no MSDS for the product. I wont risk my insurance on a product that can't provide me with this basic information.

It's a shame, because the colours looked great. When they have a MSDS I will try it then, but only after I have received the MSDS, which should be a public document.
Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-24

http://facepaintingbydeborahlane.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:33 am

The ones I have are labeled " Manufactured with FDA approved ingredients" lists the ingredients numbers etc for individual colours. It's a bit faded now as I've bad them for a few years.
Peachymango
Peachymango

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:55 am

yeah I spoke to them the other day and its the same as wolfe.. I will pick up some and let u know they are not far from where i am now.
Creations
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 am

Oh and I had never heard of it until I can to melbourne either LOL
Creations
Creations

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

ingredients lists are different to the MSDS, very different. I have corporate clients what will not hire me without a MSDS on all my FP products.
Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Yes I know that . Did you ask them why they didn't have the MSDS available and what did they say? My understanding was that it was Wolfe with their
Name on it. I bought it through an agent for them on the net. interested to hear what their response was. I use TAG, Wolfe and DFX and FAB for my Face painting.
Juanita
Peachymango
Peachymango

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Yes I asked the distributor and the point of origin about a copy of the MSDS. The distributor was frustrated that they had not been able to obtain one, the point of origin person verbally attacked me for asking for one. That set off warning bells for me.

The distributor got back to me early this week telling me that the (I presume owner of the product) had got back to them, and there was no MSDS, but the manufacturer was endeavoring to get one. So she accepted my products return, which were all still in the packaging not opened from their dispatch. The distributor also added that until this had been rectified that they would not be purchasing any more of this product.

If and when an MSDS becomes available I would love to try out the product. I would happily support more Australian products on the market, but without that document I can not take that risk.

I have been led to understand that this paint is made in the same factory as TAG, Wolfe, and DFX. I would have thought that acquiring a MSDS should be easy enough given that. This product is also more expensive that TAG, also an Australian brand. So I fail to understand why it has none, nor how it can be sold without one.

From the point of origin I got told that this document would only be given to the distributors, and that they had never been asked for one before so why did I want one.

Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for that. I would have thought it would be easy to get one because I understood it was Wolfe relabeled. But not so apparently. I remember that it was expensive also. The metallic/ UV was over a $100 and basic one $60 /$70..
Will have to be just for on me I think til they sort that. I mostly take it to use when I'm in Indonesia for lightweight packing.
Juanita
Peachymango
Peachymango

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 am

Just putting it out there.. My son 5 years in prep.. builds something, using wood dyed paddle pop sticks glue and several other items. They all have come into contact with my son skin, yet do all items had an MSDS? Do peanuts and seafood? Wood blocks and dye? just asking and would like your opinions.. I am a mother of 2 and I think we are 2 extreme... I let my kids be kids play and eat dirty... never have been scared of exposing them to anything.. but thats just me.

Creations
Creations

Back to top Go down

Post by Faces by Ainslie Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:51 am

I think Lisa Marie uses them? Maybe message her on FB and see what she says?
Faces by Ainslie
Faces by Ainslie

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-07-06

http://www.FacesByAinslie.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 am

ok here is my opinion...

I think that yes the world is a little over zelous but.... Dosen't change the fact that consumers have a right to know. Also that there are some government depts especially schools that do require it.

If you have ever worked for a school (and some of the pre schools) they will ask for an MDSS on your products from anything you don't have an MDSS for - you cannot use. Now that is ok for your face paint hoarder such as myself as I have different kits and can weed out an item they don't like and replace it with one they do.

but most people do tend to have the bulk of there kit as one brand and if you are outed from a job because of this I'm sure you would be a little angry.

In the preschools they tend to be looking for allergys and that there are not ingrediants that clash with peoples religions/ life style choices.

Now we are in the lead up to christmas I can bet I will get at least one preschool that will ask for it in the next few months. I also had a silly but relevant annoying incident recently where by for bookweek; I had painted my daughter as a witch including arms legs neck etc.

We had oppted not to paint her hands so her bookwork wouldn't get green and I decided to come in later and do it. She was aloud to be sent to school with face paint, but to go in before the parade and paint her hands green. I had to give them and MDSS. As it is policy apparently may I add though I asked for the MDSS of the face paint from Kmart that the the other kids mums had used and I got blank stares.

It turns out as they knew I was a facepainter they had treated me as such and it appears they forgot the fact I was technically also the mum and that due to that they shouldn't have - I told them that it is predudicial to treat me different to any other mum, all based on my profession. especially as others are 10 times more likely to use something that would cause a problem over me (they know not to do that next year) but I did give them the MDSS as I was pointing this out.

Now aside from my personal gripe. It demonstrates that the dept of educations policy with face painters - is to ask for an MDSS. I have heard from others that they are not the only government dept with this policy. and I know from expierience that some preschools require it too.
If you couldn't provide one for a product you must not use it.

If your whole kit is made up of a product that dosn't have an MDSS then you might run into lost jobs because of it and they are normally the ones you want the most.

So my personal feelings are - I am sure they are fine and I would have no problem using them on myself or my kids etc. However... they can not be part of my professional kit untill I can give the people who require it, there bit of paper. When that happens I will be more than happy to add some to the hoard - lol
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Kylie the dyes on these have to meet non toxic standards to be sold. And yes they should.
Peanuts and their products are banned at my grandsons school. To make one very allergic child safe.
My daughters were typical Territory kids getting out and about,camping etc.
Daughter is the same with her boys.
But when working with the public you have to take these things into consideration. I took a Guide group for a number of years which really made me aware of these things working with other people children. Number one is it safe for this age group. And yes we took these girls camping and they cooked on open fires,
Cheers
Juanita
Peachymango
Peachymango

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 am

think of the 3 second rule in the kitchen. Falls on the floor, it's fine still if you pick it up within 3 seconds. If however this happened in a professional kitchen, they would be crucified.

What we accept for ourselves in one thing, but, as soon as money changes hands, it is an entirely different ball game.

An MSDS on the part of the producer is in a small way their assurance of letting you, the consumer, know that they have addressed the possible safety concerns, to that you can feel confident in their product.

Gone are the days of the 'she'll be right' attitude.

My kids play in mud and puddles and I never sterilized bottles for my last baby. (face it breasts aren't sterile) But in a child care centre if they didn't sterilize bottles we would not send our children there.

Yes this is 2 standards. One for personal acceptance, and one for professional practice.
Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Good Point Deb... not to alarm people but all of my supplies are MSDA approved -TAG.
Creations
Creations

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am

Looney Bin are a heart beat away from having the list!!!!!!! These gals really do care and they would be doing their upmost to get these requirements met!

...stay tuned - I don't think it's going to be long at all before the list will be available and you'll be able to support this wonderful Australian Company!

Did you know they support the face paint community with all their heart! They hold JAMS where we can get together and learn from each other and provide us with an amazing networking opportunity, they get international artists over for us, they sponsor MBAC contributing to the event in a BIG way! . .

This is a company worth supporting!

ps Just in case there is any negative thinking out there - no, I do not own or have shares in Looney Bin, I just know they are an awesome bunch who love the face painting industry as much as we do!

. . . now stepping off my soap box
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:30 am

It's good to hear they are getting this done
Peachymango
Peachymango

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Verbally attacking me when I make a request for something that should have been in place before it went on the market does not fill me with warm fuzzy feelings. Shocked

I have to say that my very brief dealing with them about something that should have been very matter of fact has left me cold on them and their product. Mad

It isn't even the difference between customer service. This is about more than that. Both my customer service experience with them has been appalling and the lack of legally required documents.

As to the customer service aspect. make one person happy they will tell their friends. Piss that same person off and they will tell everyone.

Contributing to events in a big way is about getting your name out there. Looking good for a lot of people and having them think you're great is important in this industry. If, as is the case here, they have not fulfilled their obligations with their products, that good will counts for very little.

At the moment I am not inspired to support them after this episode. Crying or Very sad TAG is equally an Australian company that has all their paperwork in order. I had no issued with them when making requests for documentation, and their product is excellent. I will be supporting that Australian company. Very Happy

No, I m not impressed in a good way with FPA. Evil or Very Mad
Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 am

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were verbally attacked, that has certainly not been my experience with them nor so many other people I know who buy from them. Everyone has their bad day I guess . . .

Nope - supporting events is not about "looking good for a lot of people' . . for Looney Bin . . . they GENUINELY care! They also hold JAMS and encourage networking and support the industry! - I still think we should count overselves lucky we have them in Melbourne!

I am sorry Deborah that you have had this experience. They are getting on the case with what has been requested and whether they should have had it already or not, they are on to it as soon as it is brought to their attention.

When running a business - as you know, we can't please everyone all the time and it's hard when it is YOU at the disappointed end . . however, as business owners ourselves and the nature most face painters I have met - hopefully forgiveness and moving on is in the cards! Smile

AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Back to top Go down

Face Paints Australia Empty Face Paints Australia - MSDS

Post by The Looney Bin Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 pm

I appreciate your feedback regarding the request for MSDS information for Face Paints Australia. I am sorry your request has not yet been resolved but I will ensure you are provided with the relevant information. We are very confident with the quality and suitability of our product which has great support throughout the face painting community. Many of our customers confirm that the FPA product applies easier, lasts longer and represents excellent value for money. We are in the process of finalising the MSDS information in a format suitable for publishing and we will have this information available upon request by 18 September 2012.
We are an open and honest business and we will always ensure your queries are answered as soon as possible. I am happy to receive feedback directly to ensure your needs are met. Please do not hesitate to contact us at looneybinproducts@bigpond.com or on (03) 9753 6023 and we will be delighted to assist. Diana Cooke, Owner, Face Paints Australia

The Looney Bin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah Lane Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 am

Thank you Diana,

Your willingness to resolve this and generous nature is highly appreciated.

I look forward to receiving the MSDS and trying your product. Smile

Kind regards

Deb
Deborah Lane
Deborah Lane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

hello, haven't logged on in a while and just caught up! Thanks for all the responses, i'll have to give it a try and report back Smile I've never been ased to provide MSDS for any gig i have had (lucky perhaps?), but good to know all that info will be available soon.

If anyone has colour swatche pics that they would like to share, i'd be keen to have a look....

Thanks Smile

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Face Paints Australia Empty Face Paints Australia (FPA)

Post by The Looney Bin Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 pm

If anyone would like to see the full Face Paints Australia's (FPA) range take a look at Looney Bin Products website www.looneybin.com.au. Looney Bin is the home of FPA. We are a face and body painting supply company and sell quality products to customers all around the world. We not only sell product but we provide support, training and nurturing to many face and body painters around Melbourne and Australia.

Should you have any questions about our services or products please don't hesitate to ask. Fastest response would be via our email on looneybinproducts@bigpond.com.

Cheers from all the gals at The Bin

The Looney Bin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next