Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia.

+16
Monna (sounds like Donna)
mummybearof4
Tash
Peachymango
makin faces by synni
TheGildedCat
Ester K-D
Mandi from Tazzie
HappyVickery
Arty-Farty Party
RoseVH
nancy!
len sherrard
Stacia
Manabanana
Tammie
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia. Empty How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia.

Post by Tammie Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi face painters! My name is Tammie from Victoria in Australia and I am just starting out. Am face painting at our local market to get some experience and have done one party so far. Would have to say my favourite part of FP is the look on the little faces!! Have learnt most of what I know from Youtube (thank god for Youtube) and playing around. I am doing basic faces, and just discovered Split Cakes. Who's magical idea was that? Thankyou! My technique needs heaps more practice and I'm learning everytime I paint but mostly it's just fun. Started off using Derivan and have now added TAG. Really like the TAG but not always happy with the Derivan. Seems a bit 'watery' at times. Have a few questions to post so look forward to all the help I can get. Really loving looking at all you clever people and your beautiful work. Shames me but inspires me at the same time. Thanks in advance for your help and support. Onwards and upwards!! Wink
Tammie
Tammie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia. Empty Re: How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia.

Post by Manabanana Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm

welcome to the forum. Happy to have you with us! flower
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia. Empty Re: How much fun is face painting!! Hi from Victoria Australia.

Post by Stacia Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Welcome!
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 am

Welcome!
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am

Welcome
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseVH Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 am

Hi Tammie and welcome! Whereabouts in Victoria are you?? I'm a Victorian too....we should meet up sometimes for a jam session and a wine! Laughing

RoseVH

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 am

Cooey Rose! I want jam buddies too! cheers
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 am

Welcome to the forum!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammie Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Maybe we need a Vic jam session Rose and Justine? (And any other
Vic people) Open to ideas!!
Tammie
Tammie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Gidday & welcome to this fun loving group from Cradle Mountain Tasmania Australia
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Ester K-D Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 pm

A hearty welcome Tammie! It is fascinating to have folks from all around the world adding info and interest to this site! (suddenly Markham, Ontario, Canada seems very small indeed!) I have to agree with your last comment...this site "shames and inspires" me too....the talent out there is just incredible!!! I think that the local art galeries should host an exhibit and sampling of face/body painting! I think it would draw a huge crowd!!! Smile

Ester K-D

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammie Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! Feel all warm and squishy. Very Happy
Tammie
Tammie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 am

Welcome to the forum and have fun!
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by makin faces by synni Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:29 pm

welcome from another aussie!
makin faces by synni
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 am

Hi and welcome fron the Northern Territory
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 pm

G'day and welcome to the group! I'm sure you will have so much fun gathering info here with these wonderful people.
... oh and your issue with the Derivan - is everyone's issue.... it's very hard if not impossible to get the same results with Derivan.
I predominantly use Paradise - but use Tag Pearls and one strokes. Your painting will greatly improve if you donate your Derivan to a local daycare center and stick with Tag.
Nice to meet you!
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mummybearof4 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:58 am

G'day, I am also new to the forum and it is nice to know there are some fellow aussies on here.

Im just starting out and learning facepainting too, and like you also wasnt impressed with Derivan : (. You mentioned you have TAG now, can i ask where you bought it? Did you buy it online or do you have a shop in Vic that sells it? I live in Far North Queensland (Cairns) absolutely lovely place to live, but not good for getting a variety of stuff, especially facepaints, Derivan was the only one readily available.

Thanks
Cristel aka Mummybearof4

mummybearof4
mummybearof4

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Cristel,

Try Always Wicked Art - search for it in google - Robyn Jenitzky runs her shop from the Gold Coast and posts overnight. I get a lot of stuff from her. Alternatively you can order from the shop here you just need to PM metina to ask for shipping.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

You should both ditch the Derivan and invest in some TAG.
I get my TAG from tagbodyart.com, amygrigg.com.au and makingfacesaustralia.com
Julie at makingfaces is super efficient and friendly and in my opinion has the best range of products, but now you have a choice of vendors in Oz!
Hope this helps.
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Monna (sounds like Donna) Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:53 pm

welcome!!!! Very Happy

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.youravon.com/monnablack

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchanting Faces Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Tammie (& Justine & Rose). Count me in on the Victorian jam(s)! Pick a date & place & I'll be there. There's someone else on here from the Echuca area too I think.

I didn't introduce myself here when I first joined the forum, but as I still class myself as a total newbie, I figure that's OK, I haven't got an avatar pic yet either.

And yes, facepainting is totally so much fun & you will learn heaps on this forum.

Christina (Central Vic) Smile

Enchanting Faces

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 am

Watch this space... I'm looking at buying a motel in Lakes Entrance...seriously. I know, crazy right?! If all goes well, I'd love to host a VIC jam weekend!!
In the mean time, if any of you feel like a road trip, I need an extra painter at a gig on 28th October. sunny
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Back to top Go down

Post by lclark Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:26 am

Hello and welcome to this fabulous forum!
lclark
lclark

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammie Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:53 am

Hi christina, and welcome! Nice to have someone else nearby. Maybe we could meet up some time? Be interested to know who else is painting in Echuca. Haven't run into anyone else.
Cristel, I have also used tagbodyart.com but have also been buying from facepaintforeverybody.com. They are based in SA. Really helpful to talk to and quick postage. Just purchased some more TAG and am really loving it. Sooo much better than Derivan. My painting improved so much already.
Justine, you are on if you get that motel!! What an exciting idea. Wish you all the best with it! Where exactly are you again? Would love to come work with you for the day but its a long way to travel for that amount of time. Still, could be a nice getaway for hubby and me!! My next question is for you aussie girls is what are you charging for parties? Totally unsure of what to do. Love your imput!!! What a Face
Tammie
Tammie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 am

Hello and welcome. Smile
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next