Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thin scrap book cases

+2
veelux
02Skeith
6 posters

Go down

thin scrap book cases Empty thin scrap book cases

Post by 02Skeith Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

I finally found some thin scrap book cases! I found then at Joann's fabric and craft store. They are $9.99. The only thing I didn’t like was how they case has a depressions in the top in bottom (you can see what I’m talking about in the picture on of the case). So I got a table place mat for .50cents at Wal-Mart and cut them to size and then velcroed the corners down and it makes the bottom more even so the paints sit flat. My diamond FX 45gm containers don’t fit but I only have a few of them so it’s okay. I also found a great container for my paint brushes at Joann’s. It has three sections and then it comes with little dividers to slide in to make some squares. I says it was for beads but then in another part of the store the container was the exact same one but with a different label selling it for knitting needles lol. The one I’m using for my brushes was $5.99.
thin scrap book cases Photo210
thin scrap book cases Photo211
thin scrap book cases Photo213thin scrap book cases Photo214
thin scrap book cases Photo215
02Skeith
02Skeith

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

thin scrap book cases Empty Re: thin scrap book cases

Post by veelux Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:16 pm

I like the brush one for sure.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 am

In walmart they sell the very same for the paints but the difference is the holder, it is plastic and retractible so it won't take too much space when you store and the price is $5.99.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mattybfunnie Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 am

Velcro dots on the bottoms of the paints would help to keep them in place when you load your brush.

I don't know how much extra room there is, but my pallet from silly farm has just enough to keep a piece of paper towel in place to keep colors from dripping onto others on the trip home, since I keep my lids off.

mattybfunnie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Skeith Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:45 pm

I do plan using velcro dots, i started on the other case that has my split cakes and they ran out so i need to get more. And there will be room for a towel. I could not find any at walmart i checked there a few times before i found these ones at Joanns.
02Skeith
02Skeith

Back to top Go down

Post by emkensuri Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 am

Nice. I like your idea of the cut place mat. Here's some of mine. . thin scrap book cases Faces_11
I picked them up in the hardware section, I like how i can keep brushes, etc all in the same case Smile

emkensuri

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-07-21

https://Www.facebook.com/ColouredByEm

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Skeith Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 pm

I figured out that the 45gram containers do fit with the lids off and the bottom part off too. but if the bottom part is off then the velcro has nowhere to stick. I think the place mat will be great because if I ever want to change the velcro i think it will be easier to replace the place mat, than remove the velcro from the bottom of the case.
02Skeith
02Skeith

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am

Where did you find the velcro dots? I was planning on doing mine magnetic but it seems like its going to be too expensive right now
ashovoxo
ashovoxo

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://fearlessfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Skeith Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I actually decided not to use dots because I didn’t want to have to try to line up the little dots all the time. So I used strips of velcro across and then cut squares to stick to the paint containers, and that way I can also cram as many of containers in a row as I want. I got all my velcro at Kmart
02Skeith
02Skeith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down