Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold colour face paint - any recommendation?

+6
Jobena1
Jody Rife
1HappyNut
SuzySparkles
Doe
littlestarsshazza
10 posters

Go down

Gold colour face paint - any recommendation? Empty Gold colour face paint - any recommendation?

Post by littlestarsshazza Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Looking for a good gold colour face/body paint (either cake or liquid). Am using Grimas and Snazaroo but both not that shiny on its own, and just couldn't seem to be found if use on top on other colours. Any receommendation?
littlestarsshazza
littlestarsshazza

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Gold colour face paint - any recommendation? Empty Re: Gold colour face paint - any recommendation?

Post by Doe Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm LOVING the FAB Glitter Gold. It came w/my FABA TV membership and it is (by far) my favorite metallic paint. I lurve it w/a purple passion.

It is super sparkly and glitter right in it... so so pretty. It stencils beautifully as a sparkly texture on masks...

Last edited by Doe on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doe
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Gold colour face paint - any recommendation? Empty Re: Gold colour face paint - any recommendation?

Post by SuzySparkles Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 pm

My favorite gold is any gold mixed with gold mehron powder, I just smoosh it all up together and then use it like that...

Last edited by SuzySparkles on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:57 pm

I really like my TAG old gold. Their (regular) gold is nice too, but I prefer the old gold.
I wasn't as impressed with the Wolfe gold.

1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am

Kryolan Interferenze Bronze is absolutely lush and great on top of other colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am

Kryolan Iterferenze Bronze for sure. It is just beautiful.
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by littlestarsshazza Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:06 am

Thank you very much indeed for all the information. Will try out Very Happy
littlestarsshazza
littlestarsshazza

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobena1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 am

I love the FAB GOLD GLITTER I am starting to like the FAB paints...now that I got to try them...
Jobena1
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 am

Go with what Shannon and Jody said!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Jobena1 wrote:I love the FAB GOLD GLITTER I am starting to like the FAB paints...now that I got to try them...

Just remember that FAB does have a smell reminescent of laudry detergent or grandma's bra drawer. It was a little better but definitely still there last time I tried some. Why do they have to stink up perfectly good paints?
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:39 pm

My FAB smelled awful. I got 3 colors and they all stunk... and I am honestly not one to complain about smells but these gave me a horrible headache and my WHOLE office smelled like it (still does) We smelled some at a convention and they smelled a tad better... so perhaps they brought the new kind (with less smell) to the convention but they are still mailing out the old stuff... I would consider other colors one day when the smell is completely gone.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 am

I like the gold TAG. their silver is pretty nice to!Gold colour face paint - any recommendation? 100_2015
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 am

I got all my FAB as a set in February when I subscribed to FABATV - it must all be the newer stuff because, truthfully, I have to get my face RIGHT down on it to smell anything and then it's light. The Paradise has a stronger smell.

I'm glad they've made improvements to the smell. My Gold Glitter has no appreciable odor.
Doe
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm

I have Fab gold, not Glitter. I started out w/their 20 pallet of 16 Gms. The smell never bothered me & none of my customers have ever complained. I've used it alone & over other colors w/excellent coverage. There's a pic of a "Golden Retriever Puppy" on my puppy party thread, where you can see how well it covers. I've also used it as my skin color up until now...I just received my Tag one stroke from Metina w/3 tan/brown tones & will switch to that now. Suggestion for you. Try the 16gm size of any Fab to see if you like it as a base color, esp. for the great way it blends. Shannon & Jody are more experienced than me....so....I'd like to try the Interferenze Bronze too!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down