Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business Facebook Pages

+7
KaraMundy
MelodyFPL
Stacia
Perry Noia
Misha
CottonKandyClown
SuzySparkles
11 posters

Go down

Business Facebook Pages Empty Business Facebook Pages

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Many of us have them and they are a great tool in advertising your business and your current work. I also have a lot of face painters who are fans of my page as well and I think we really need to 'think' before posting things on people's business pages.

I have had a few issues of people posting things on there that I really wouldn't want my clients to read.

I am just bringing this up to make you think before posting things on peoples facebook biz pages Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Business Facebook Pages Empty Re: Business Facebook Pages

Post by CottonKandyClown Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Wow! Really?!

Now it's making me want to check facebook and see what they said! LOL
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Just delete it/them and explain the situation if it ever comes up. After all, it is for business. I hope I haven't written anything inappropriate, :/ now I'm all paranoid...
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:01 pm

on a slightly different note, who else has switched their page over to timeline? It's sooooo pretty Very Happy
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Everyone I have spoke to hates the timeline, but it is pretty!

I just have a personal facebook. People contact me thru that 99% of the time. I don't like that you can't send private messages thru your fan page or business page scratch I've seen people complaining about not getting a reply/phone call on their fan page. something like, "Did you get my voice message?" Or "Haven't heard from you. Are you still doing the party on __ date?" Not cool! afro It doesn't look professional when I see a comment like that geek
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm

you can get messages on it NOW!! yay timeline!!
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Suzy, can you give some examples? I've had a couple of FP'ers post, but most are just comments about designs or likes...I'd love to hear of some examples of no no's.

I switched to Timeline, it is pretty pretty Laughing.

BTW you CAN now send private messages! They just added it when you switch to Timeline Wink.
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Perry Noia wrote:you can get messages on it NOW!! yay timeline!!

Hahaha Erin you beat me to it!
Stacia
Stacia

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Well one person asked if a kid was a boy or a girl........ I would be offended if I was the parent coming to look at my kids photo and I saw a comment like that Sad

Others ask where I get my supplies... I am not going to answer that, I don't want the "I can do that mom's" knowing that...

There are other things but that is just a few examples Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyFPL Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 pm

I have had people leave some inappropriate comments also. It's like .. um helloooooo this is a business page! I had one person say a child in one of my pics has a duck face, and other people forget they can't drop f-bombs on my business page. SMDH.
MelodyFPL
MelodyFPL

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2011-07-02

http://www.nyfacepaintlady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraMundy Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:59 pm

That's strange! I've never had a problem with that before, but really its hard for people to see others posts on your wall. You have to go in and manually switch to see "everyone's post".

I'm switching to timeline when I get a cover photo ready.
KaraMundy
KaraMundy

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-11-16

http://www.KaraMundy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraMundy Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 pm

SuzySparkles wrote:Well one person asked if a kid was a boy or a girl........ I would be offended if I was the parent coming to look at my kids photo and I saw a comment like that Sad

Others ask where I get my supplies... I am not going to answer that, I don't want the "I can do that mom's" knowing that...

There are other things but that is just a few examples Smile

Ahhhhh. I can see how that could be rude.

I just tell people I buy my stuff from all over the place. It's very true. I order from everywhere, buy at cons, and swap. If they press on I just tell them to start with MAC. That usually makes them leave me alone because everyone knows MAC is expensive.
KaraMundy
KaraMundy

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-11-16

http://www.KaraMundy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:12 pm

you can set profanity filters to keep vulgarity away (in settings, profanity blocklist set to "strong"), but it would definitely be mean of people to post negative comments about people's pictures.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Bee Creative Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Good point, Suzy. I recently had to delete a post from a former co-worker who was wondering whether or not I was back from Orlando. Personally, I thought she could have posted that on my personal profile, but I guess sometimes people's minds gravitate towards my business page before my personal page.
Dana Bee Creative
Dana Bee Creative

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-07-26

http://www.danabeecreative.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Oh, wow! now I just might have to get a business page with Timeline! LOL

I just tell people that I get it online. Then I point to my Kryolan Interferenz colors and tell them that one blue is $25! It scares them away pretty fast! LOL Sometimes, I'll say that starting out you probably need to spent $1000 at the least.

CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Ahh...yeah...I had one incident that a client was trying to do the entire booking process on my Facebook page no matter how many times I mentioned "Please give me a call or email me for more information" and I didn't have her contact info (her FB page was locked up tight)...and she had the cojones to try to haggle with me on my hourly rate...I kept just deleting her comments and replacing it with the "Please contact me via phone or email and we can discuss booking me for your son's party".
Stacia
Stacia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:54 pm

As of March 30th EVERYONE's business pages will switch to Timeline.

I just have all my settings to only I can post, and delete stuff I do not want on either of my pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I could not agree with you more Suzy..I got a post from a girl that I didn't even know..she got one of the pictures from the Bachlorette party I did from a friend of hers...she was saying the girl broke out and eye swelled shut..I wrote her back and said I saw the girl I painted the next day and she was fine as I have painted her before and I have never had anyone say anything bad about my paints breaking anyone out..she then got back to me and said a friend of hers got painted several years ago and broke out...and told me it was not my work that did it..made me feel better..but it looked like when she posted it that is was slamming me...i just talked to her and we got it cleared up..i deleted the post..I told her that I didn't want any of my clients to see it she understood.. things like this could ruin our business..she was just posting on what had happened to her friend along time ago, and just using my pic..made me so mad..
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:37 am

Fortunately no one has posted strange/rude things on my business page (yet), but I have had a couple of people try to book me publicly. I don't have that problem anymore since I created a booking form through Wufoo and connected it to my Facebook page. But I don't know if people are even going to notice my handy dandy booking form with the new Timeline layout...grrr, Timeline.

Overall Timeline does look better, it's just the actual timeline part that looks a bit scattered to me, with how you have to keep looking back and forth as you go down the page.

I also don't love Facebook's restrictions for the cover photo:

According to Facebook, cover photos cannot contain:

• Price or purchase information, such as "40% off" or "Download it at our website"

• Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for the Page's "About" section

• References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features

• Calls to action, such as "Get it now" or "Tell your friends."

Oh well, we're annoyingly being forced to switch so I hope they will continue improving the layout. I do look forward to the cover photo even with the restrictions - it's so big and pretty and you can do all sorts of clever things with it. And there are other good features they've added, like private messaging and being able to "pin" posts so that they stay at the top of your page.

deleted

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 am

you can rearrange the app tiles if you click to edit them, it says "swap with:" and you can switch their places so that your contact one is right there at the top. Photos is stuck where it is but all the rest are "swappable" in their positions.

The pinned posts stay there for 7 days, then you could pin it again, but it would probably be better at that point to write a new one, even if it says the same thing in a slightly different way.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

Hmm, for some reason I don't get the "swap with" option on the app tiles. I just see Edit Settings, Link to this Tab, Uninstall Apps, etc.

I'll have to figure that out. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing or it's a temporary glitch or something. The Wufoo booking form has been really useful so I want it to show up as one of the first things.

deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08 am

this might help http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/29/how-to-use-timeline-for-pages/
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:00 am

Thanks Perry Noia, that does help! At least now I know I'm looking in the right place and the option just isn't there, so I'll keep working on it.

deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:01 am

You should be able to go into the manage drop down box and choose edit page, where you can check the box
[ ] Only show posts by {your business name} and friend activity on your Page until reviewed by an admin.

I assume that means you'll be notified of any posts and you can then decide whether or not they remain hidden. Not sure if it applies to comments though.
Fun2Play
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down