Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!! :D

+4
Fun2Play
Skidzz
SuzySparkles
Sparklyone
8 posters

Go down

HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!!  :D Empty HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!! :D

Post by Sparklyone Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Did you know Suzy Sparkles does private face painting lessons via Skype? I was SOOOOOOOO blessed to have a Skyped lesson with her this week and had to share because I know others will want to do this, too! Skype is free and even a Skype-resistant mama like me was able to easily download and install it on my computer. Suzy called me so I didn't have to figure anything out, couldn't have been more simple than clicking the "accept video call" button and voila! there she was! Very Happy So don't let the Skype thing put you off, I'm hooked now and never thought I would say that!

Suzy was amazing, she's an incredibly talented face painter and has LOTS of great tricks and tips to share, whether you're a brand new face painter or if you've been in the biz for a bit already. She helped me with so many things, like how to use a few brushes I own but never knew quite how to use (and not I can now only use them but even get a pure WOW factor from them!). Suzy showed me some beautiful new girly faces and the ever-hard-to-conjure boys designs for some great fast faces that were still high-impact yet not too intimidating or complicated for me to do. She painted herself and even her sweet dd while I watched and asked questions, helped critique some of my work from pictures (I'm sure she'd do it from live painting, too if you wanted), and showed me some REALLY cool tips that I know are going to save me lots of time and money! There were some things I was doing wrong that I didn't even realize until I watched her do them and asked questions about it!

It's one thing to look at pics, discuss on the forum, even to watch Youtube or DVD's, which I've done...but a live lesson with Suzy has by far been the most helpful thing yet for me as a face painter. Even moreso than the couple of hours I spent with the wonderful Heather from Sillyfarm when I first started (and she was terrific, too!).

Suzy will make you feel comfortable right away (I did my lesson in my PJ's! cat ) and keep you smiling with her warm and fun personality. She was so patient and understanding with my kids popping in and watching and usual mama-stuff going on. cyclops

I was worried that I might not know what to say or do or ask, but she took care of everything and skillfully progressed right through SO many more things than I could have imagined we could have even covered. The best part was I had a GREAT time, learned a ton, and it was almost like a little live jam where I got to learn and ask as I thought of things as they came to me. I'm excited to do more lessons and know Suzy is going to help me bump up my business and skills a ton of notches above where I thought I could be at this point!

Oh also you get to see her goooorgeous kit and ask questions about it if you have any (you will!!!) - I'm already seeing ways to improve the effeciency and layout of my kit. I thought I was inspired by her pics but seeing it in action really helped me understand how I can implement it in a personal way!

So enough with listening to my gushing (it's sincere, though, really I love you ) - what are you waiting for? PM her or post here and let her know you want to try a Skyped face-painting lesson, I promise you won't regret it! Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you so much, Suzy, and thanks to your lovely daughter for modeling and making the lesson even more fun and informative. I really learned so much and can't wait for my next lesson! You rock and I'm so blessed to know you and get to learn from you! I love you Like a Star @ heaven flower

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!!  :D Empty Re: HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!! :D

Post by SuzySparkles Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 am

I love you Awww that was the nicest review ever. I am glad that you had fun, I did as well and made a new friend in the process. Your kids are adorable and your son was such a ham. I look forward to skyping with you again!! Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!!  :D Empty Re: HUGE raves for Suzy Sparkles' private Skype lessons!!!! :D

Post by Skidzz Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 am

I wanna have a go... if it will ever let me sign into the dang thing...lol Smile
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 am

Wow, that is a nice review! You've got me interested!
Fun2Play
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:57 am

Is it possible to 'conference call' with skype? Can we all Jam together?
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 am

You need a webcam for skype right?
MonsterKat
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 am

Yes, you need a webcam. You can find one cheap at Walmart for about $15.00.

The classes wouldn't work well in a conference because I think it is better 1 on 1. My least favorite thing about one of my classes at a convention was that people kept asking questions that didn't pertain to me so most of the class was a waste.

If you are interested in having a little class with me, PM me and we will talk about further deails.Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

TOTALLY interested. I was already thinking about it from the last newsletter, but this really informative review CEMENTED it! The review covered all the things I worried or wondered about. Thanks!!

Suzy, I look forward to it! I just have to graduate/finish this course first so I have some time available... But then LOOKOUT! I'll be right there, signing up.

Yay for Suzy!! bounce

1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:47 pm

I look forward to it!! Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 am

Suzy, you're quite the entrepreneurial genius!
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down