Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs

4 posters

Go down

Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs Empty Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs

Post by scapovilla Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi, I'm stuck. Every once in a while a job comes in and my brain shuts down. I need to come up with some designs for a huge Wizard of Oz party. i've got designs for the normal sutff, the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion, and of course the Wicked Witch, but other than that I'm stuck. I tried to create the flying monkeys, the guards, but it looked ridiculous. I'm starting to truly dread this party. Dia de los Muertos is so much more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my creativity seems to have gone AWOL, I'm hoping you all will shoot me some ideas? ALL help will be seriously appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Shelley

scapovilla

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs Empty Re: Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs

Post by AngieAnders Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 pm

The good witch would be easy and popular - eye shadow, lots of glitter, maybe a crown on the forehead. Definitely do some ruby slippers cheek art with red glitter, and maybe a hot air balloon. I wouldn't worry about secondary characters... no one will ask for those anyway. Does the client specifically want ONLY Wizard of Oz faces? Because I've found that almost always, the kids ask for regular faces like butterflies, etc. They hardly ever want themed faces.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Any easy thing would be a tornado staring at the cheek and going over the forehead. . . .maybe add a little house on top if you wanted something more. The wizard guy might be cool. . . .the part where he is a big green head. The heart the tin man has, the one with the clock might be a cute cheek design. Maybe the apple trees that have faces. . .with the trunk on the cheek, and the branches going across the forehead, and apples with movement lines across the face. I agree with Angie, that it will probably be a spiderman and butterfly day, but it could be super fun. Smile I hope this helps a little! Be sure to post your pics, my little one LOVES the wizard of oz.
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh my gosh, i'm such a tard. . .I just saw this was in ballon twisting. . .my bad Sad That's what I get for clicking on things from the portal! Lol. I know nothing about balloons. I'm sorry Sad Still, I would like to see a picture of those ballons.
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

This is one of the Winkie Guards I did for the play... we had them all like this with different mouths

Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs Fpwink

And monkeys are just monkeys

Stuck on Wizard of Oz designs Fpmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 am

Ha... I didn't notice that it was in balloon twisting at all. Oops! I always click on "view posts since last visit" and it never shows the parent category so I never know. Sad
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:44 am

Geesh... me too.. That's what happens when you only look at "Posts since last visit!" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by scapovilla Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:20 am

Thank you all SO MUCH!!!!! You all have saved my hide and I'll incorporate every suggestion here. This client throws these massive parties, hiring all the entertainers....the balloon artist, caricaturist, face painter, magician, band.....and they do this every birthday for the grandaughter....for the adults, the client wants only themed designs but kids can get whatever they want. somehow, I just went braindead and you all got me on the right track....so thanks for sharing your creativity:)

scapovilla

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 am

I'm glad i'm not the only one that wasn't paying attention! But it looks like our face paint ideas were helpful Smile Yaye! Good luck Shelley!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm

gee..this is funny. I just searched for Wiz of Oz topics in the forum because I have a face paint gig so ALL your ideas are super!! thanks...no balloons for me.
My list of ideas: Pretty eye swirls for Glinda, the good witch; Heart for tin man, medal for lion; diploma scroll for scarecrow; crown on forehead in emerald green; twister on cheek, house optional; green Wiz Head like mini skull and thats it! whew,
thanks so much!!! I am expecting 50 kids in one hour so its gotta be quick..
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down