Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories??

+19
chucklor2
Daizy
Mug Shots
CrazyPainter
tinyfairies6768
FlashM
seasung
Gamezgirl
fesspenter
jennvangogh
Fun2Play
MeeMee
Skidzz
Gretchen
Griffinblue
vivi_o7
Manabanana
Taradoodles
Kaci Anne
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories?? Empty Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories??

Post by Kaci Anne Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi guys! I bet you all have some good 'face painting' stories, funny or odd comments, requests, flubs, experiences...care to share??
Over the weekend I was working a music fest and as I painted this sweet little girl, she asks me "did you eat a hot dog?" OMG, poor girl, I said 'hold on, let me get my gum!' (which I do keep in my kit, but at this moment I had just finished eating during a slow spell and jumped up to attend to her, forgot to freshen!)

She was so cute, made me laugh Smile
Kaci Anne
Kaci Anne

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://www.MysticalRainbowCreations.com

Back to top Go down

Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories?? Empty Re: Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories??

Post by Taradoodles Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 pm

lol thats funny.

I think my favorite so far has been when I painted my face for an event (cheek art with words) and I went the almost the ENTIRE event with PRINCESS spelled backwards on my face!! no one said a work! at all!! i was mortified. It was one of my very first events and the design was super cute and couldnt figure out why no body wanted it. so now its a golden rule, I DONT do words on myself. EVER.

its was an italian heart with the banner, like the MOM tattoo. with roses and such. I loved it. But I never figured in the mirror reflex, lol
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories?? Empty Re: Funniest Face Painting Comments or Stories??

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 pm

hilarious Tara. I could easily have done that myself.

yum... hot dog Smile
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:36 pm

ones in an event it was the little daughter with the father who was very tall and the kind of gym man, well she choose a butterfly design, and he tells her what do you want for daddy, she choosed a cheeck design with flowers and butterflys around, very girly he sayd then thats it! do that design on me, I ask him and showed him some nice boys and adults designs but he insist, it was so funny to see him so strong but with butterflys and flowers on his face!!! but he was the happies man in the world with his little princes lol!
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

ohhh how cute Vivi. It takes a real man to wear flowers and butterflies! afro
Manabanana
Manabanana

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:18 pm

We've just had gigs where one silly thing after another goes wrong. Went to put up a borrowed tent that was broken. One of us had a broken mirror in our kit, the other had hers removed by a curious toddler, water bucket got dumped, signs fell, biz cards blew away. We swore we'd never go back to that place but I just booked them for a fall gig! LOL I'm a glutton for punishment!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

WOW these are great! backwards princess all day, that made me literally LOL, so funny that not one single person commented on it. And that Dad sounds wonderful, that is the sweetest story ever! what a champ. wow with the crazy stuff going wrong, I would imagine that you filled your quota of bad luck there, so this time should go absolutely perfect!! great stories, thanks for sharing, cant wait to read more...
study
Kaci Anne
Kaci Anne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Love the stories! I have too many to share but here are a couple.

First one was witnessed by someone I painted with when I started in high school 15 yrs ago at an amusement park. A teenage girl wanted a heart with "CLINT" written in it. I guess the artist painting it put the "L" and "I" a little too close, making it look more like a "U"...well, you can figure out what it said!! ;-)

Another one, at the same amusement park we'd get a lot of kids asking if we'd paint them for free. Every now and then we'd offer them a "free yellow dot" which we'd put on the tip of their nose...knowing full well that the yellow is the hardest to wash off, so they'd have a yellow nose at church the next morning!

Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 pm

LOL at 'clint' OMG.
And THAT is why I do face paint, and NOT tatoos!!! make a mistake, just wash it away!!! whew...
Kaci Anne
Kaci Anne

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm

omg clint! affraid
Manabanana
Manabanana

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

HAHA...I know! Glad I heard that one early on in my face painting career...it has definitely stuck in my memory and I'm always VERY careful with my lettering!!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaci Anne Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 pm

I wish we could click 'like' here, I'm a 'like' aholic on facebook. lol
Kaci Anne
Kaci Anne

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

OMG Gretchen!!!! Thats hilarious!!! I can't think of a funny story at the moment... I will have to think about this one.

Tara backwards words... lol... I haven't had that happen yet... I don't ever do words on myself.... and thats exactly why... Smile

Vivi thats too cute!!! Takes a real man, and dad to do that!!

Griffin... you are so cruisin for a bruisin!! ... lol... be positive... I bet your very prosperous at it this time, cuz you are overcoming the problems of last year... getting back on the horse so to speak! Smile
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Omgosh, Clint! And the yellow dot kills me!

Yep, I hope we ran the bad luck outa that place. I guess what counts is that we still kept things looking professional even after all that crazy!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

maybe that place has gremlins? Youll know for sure if it all happens again!
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 pm

That's rigth!!! just a real man have the pants to do it!!, clint omg!!! i fell sorry for that person jajaj, so funny, yellow noses!!!!, I know a cuple of people who I will do it, jajaja Twisted Evil
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeeMee Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 am

At a birthday party for his little cousin, a 12-14 year old macho football player looking boy decided he wanted to twirl his fingers around in my glitters when he thought I wasn't looking. I have good peripheral vision when it comes to my supplies, but I let him do it to his hearts content. I knew that it was hot, he was sweaty and as soon as he rubbed his face that glitter was going to be everywhere on him. Sure enough, a short while later I heard everyone laughing and telling him how he had pink and purple glitter all over his face. He was lying saying, "Man I don't know where that glitter came from" and kept trying to wipe it off but opaque tattoo glitter will cling to moisture on the skin. I just chuckled under my breath and pretended I didn't hear. He couldn't blame it on me because he had gotten a snake arm design.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 am

Laughing

I have a story that is probably more gross than funny. Towards the end of a recent day at the markets I was painting a very fidgety young girl and finding it very difficult to get access to her face. She either had her chin on her chest, or head turned in the opposite direction. Anyway, I think the only time she had her face turned towards me was when she coughed straight into it! A droplet of phlegm landed on my lips. Ewwwww! It was then I noticed that mum had a hacking cough as well. I didn't realise the young lady was sick until that point. Needless to say I found a wipe and did my best to remove said yuck before it made me sick. After that I finished her design asap, then, as she goes to leave I give mum a few instructions on how to remove the paint before bed, and mum says 'oh, she's about to have a nap... do you think that will matter?'. Ummm????

BTW... I didn't get sick. I was very surprised. I didn't have any trouble remembering to clean my hands with sanitiser after that one!
Fun2Play
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Not too sure if this falls into funny but definately embarassing and a little sad

I did a special needs function a few times for children with autism. I had one child tell me what to paint on her mom whispering the name of the face to me. Mom said just go ahead and paint it. I was hesitant as she was a larger woman and I being a plus size beauty myself would never in the my life allow this to go on my face. The design was a pig face.... I tried to suggest otherwise but the kid didnt understand and I was told to proceed. So I painted it trying to cutesy it up and drop the snout... the child then wanted to add the finishing touches and put a huge snout on her nose. I was mortified... wondering if anyone would think I did that to her... was not a feel good face at all. Mom was a sport and kept it on and smiled didnt seem too upset but I could tell she felt a little bad. At that point are you painting for the child or the adult... and is a pig an insult face if mom was a huge fan of pigs in general (thats where the idea came from for the child)? I have the same event coming up for the 4th year now and every time I get some new experiences but as a BI working with autism mon-fri I believe in offering services to all children so I continue on with it.

My funnier comment was my request for chuck norris from an adult with my automatic response " Im a face painter not a plastic surgeon" I think I already mentioned that one on a different topic.

jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/jennthefacepainter

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:45 pm

This happened to my facepainting partner at SickKids Hospital and he retold it in his acceptance speech when he won the Humanitarian Award for Volunteerism at SickKids.
Facepainter John Sheehy was in a hospital room with a child when a "Code Blue" *emergency resuscitation) was called over the intercom system. The little boy asked "What's a "Code Blue", Mommy"? The mom said, "Well, Blue is for water, so someone must need some water". The little boy could see the back of John Sheehy's badge explaining all the color codes. The boy told his mother, "It says here on this badge that "Code Blue" stands for "Arrest". Everyone was quiet. The boy said, "Code Blue" must mean that someone is getting arrested for STEALING WATER!" Everyone laughed.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:47 pm

I was very tired after day 10 of a 2 week run...12 hour days...I put my pants on inside out and my shirt inside out AND backwards...yeah, it was a classic day for me. No one said anything. I took a pee break after supper for the first time and what a surprise!! LOL Of course after that, I told everyone so they could laugh with me. Did I mention that I had also painted all of my finger nails except 4 that morning? How do you forget 4 fingers?? LOL
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by seasung Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:31 pm

All great moments...lol
This past weekend I had my first moment...
Was painting this really cute 4yr old boy who was very friendly and talkative...he tells me "You have very pretty lips" I was blushing...lol and said wow, thank you with a big smile.
seasung
seasung

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashM Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I was working at a little boy's birthday party. I painted a lovely, meticulously detailed Spidey mask on him. He looked in the mirror saw he had no unpainted face left, so he went to the bathroom and washed it all off and got back in the line!

My teen sons refer to the glitter-covered ones and fives in my tip bag as "Mom's Stripper Money" .

My sample sign has a paint brush design under the title "Face Painting". I've had kids ask for it!
FlashM
FlashM

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyfairies6768 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

OMG - LMAO! @ "CLINT"

tinyfairies6768
tinyfairies6768

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-17

http://www.probodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyfairies6768 Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Can't think of anything nearly that funny, but does anyone ever have a problem with kids "peeing" on your chair??? It's happened a handful of times to me....much to my chagrin. Grrrr.... scratch
tinyfairies6768
tinyfairies6768

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-17

http://www.probodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next