Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

immediate help...need forms????

2 posters

Go down

immediate help...need forms???? Empty immediate help...need forms????

Post by Terina Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I was attempting to make a blogpage today. I was searching the net to see if I could find it and behold I saw my business name on something that was not by me. I clicked it and this anime art blog person has taken a photo from my Website! There is only a way to contact by leaving a comment. So, I did that and told them to take it OFF!!!! But, I know that this was a similar post not too long ago. I am just really busy to try to research it all. I have a hundred things this week. So, if I could ask my forum friends to send me a link to the document or whatever that it was from before. Maybe even the link from the post that addressed this even would e good for me. I do know how to register my name...funny thing is that I was in the process of doing that part at least.

I am SO MAD! I also had people coming up and taking pictures from my board this weekend. I have a sign up that says not to do that but, you know they did anyway. If I am painting then, often my board is several feet out for people to see. I just couldn't catch the lady in time that did it. Suggestions all around would be great! Thank you in advance....
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

immediate help...need forms???? Empty Re: immediate help...need forms????

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 pm

On this blog... were they claiming it as their work or using it as an illustration to an editorial? Meaning were they commenting on your work or using it as a reference to something they wrote?

There is a bit of a fuzzy line regarding "editorial use" and blogs sometimes fit that definition.

As to photographing display boards... I've never noticed people taking photos of mine but I've seen printouts of my webpage being used!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 pm

well in the description before you hit the post it said pirates by Royal Magic Events and then when you clicked it had all kinds of weirdo stuff on it. There was anime and puppets and a hodge podge. The posting above my pictures was about pirates but written in a different language. So, I couldn't really tell. The other posts were in English, so it could have been in reference to an article.

I saved it. I will try to go and link it so that you can see it. I just had a bad week with the whole picture thing. I had two ladies in one day take pictures on their cell phones directly of the board. I was like seriously?!?!?!?

That is so wrong to print from your Webpage! Do people just lack morals or what?How hard is it to simply paint and take your own photo. It really urked me about the board because, my daughter is my main model and I do not want pictures of her on someone else's board at all or worse floating around cyber space on some Website.... and on top of that with my designs Mad It burns me,,,but I don't know what I can really do about it.

So any suggestions are helpful.
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Even is using it and giving your credit you can ask it be removed. What you do is yes comment or contact them, then you need to contact their web host provider and find out the way to file a complaint with them. Most web providers require snail mail or fax for complaints and do not accept email complaints. Web sites in violation of copywrite laws are subject to being shut down.

Many if not all my blog posts and images on bodypainting get ripped off. Som are just too hard to get removed..... plus its a big www vaccuumm. But one recenlty did respond personally w/ apology. They liked my work but their web name is very nasty. It was removed.

Do your homework on website image usage.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down