Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom charges and shipping to Canada?

3 posters

Go down

Custom charges and shipping to Canada? Empty Custom charges and shipping to Canada?

Post by hokeypokey Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi guys, I want to buy paint and glitter from forum shop, but not sure how much shipping to Toronto will cost and if I'll have to pay custom fee. If anybody from Canada bought something from Face Painting Forum Shop? The last time when I bought some supplies from LaRocks web site, I've paid half of the price as a custom on a top. Thanks.
hokeypokey
hokeypokey

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.hokeypokey.ca

Back to top Go down

Custom charges and shipping to Canada? Empty Re: Custom charges and shipping to Canada?

Post by Fabtastic Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I have ordered several times from Metina, and I'm in SW Ontario too. I have never had to pay custom or duties or anything when I go pick up my package at the post office. Her shipping is remarkably fast and seems to go through at the border pretty quick - I think she bribes the guys at customs or something!! Very Happy

Last time I ordered, I paid whatever the shipping cost was (it adds it in somewhere along the way while placing the order), and the next day she refunded me some money through Paypal. She told me it was her policy to only charge actual shipping costs to her international customers. cheers

I highly recommend ordering from FPForumShop!!!! flower
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Custom charges and shipping to Canada? Empty Re: Custom charges and shipping to Canada?

Post by hokeypokey Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Great. Thank you very much for the reply. I definitely will order some good staff now.
hokeypokey
hokeypokey

Back to top Go down

Post by chicneek Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi,
Last time I ordered from here it took almost a month for me to get the package and I was dinged at customs for the $5 customs fee plus 5% GST and 5% PST ( Sask )(about $13- extra)It's a roll of the dice really about half the time I pay the custom fees (always when I spend more than $90) I estimate the customs fee when I order and I consider it a bonus when I don't have to pay. With the strength of our dollar it is still cheaper to order from Metina than some of the Canadian stores and she has products I can't find in Canada. I do live in the middle of a rural wasteland so I'm at the mercy of on-line ordering no matter what so I figure that all into the equation.
chicneek
chicneek

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-07-24

http://danicafaceart.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hokeypokey Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks. I'm going to USA soon, so may be I'll ask to ship it for my friends address, so I'll pick it up when I'll visit them. Ya taxes and custom are extremely high. But I want to buy some Diamond FX and can't find it in Canada, some people have it but it's more money plus a small variety.
hokeypokey
hokeypokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 am

The problem isn't the retailers when shipping to Canada. It is Canada Customs.... the can sit on a package for months, open it, damage it, then make you pay at the door.

I've had packages show up at the door from outside Canada, where I had to pay an additional $84 to get it, then discover that Customs had the WRONG contents, WRONG country of origin, WRONG value on the form - I submitted the paperwork and got a full refund.

Another time Customs cut open a parcel which I had shipped to myself while in the UK, and then taped it back up, lost it, and eventually when it showed up I discovered that in cutting it open they had sliced through the contents - the courier company paid me back the value of my contents in that case, but Customs did the damage.

I've had whole parcels arrive that were completely crushed - and refused to accept them. They went back to the shipper.

It is a total crap shoot shipping to Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabtastic Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 pm

I have ordered hundreds of things from Ebay, Etsy and other online retailers. I have had multiple problems with Canada Customs holding packages for long periods of time, I have had to pay duty and taxes sometimes, and my biggest beef is with courier companies who charge brokerage fees - those are the worst! Currently I am waiting for 2 packages I ordered over 6 weeks ago - one from Hong Kong and one from Oregon - and I'm anticipating that there will not be a good outcome on those.

But, knock on wood, I have not yet had any delays when receiving packages from FPFShop, nor have my packages been opened, nor have I had to pay any additional charges. I've placed 6 orders with her and not a single problem yet. I can't explain it, but she has a magic touch. Maybe it's because she uses Priority Mail, maybe she fills in the form nicely, maybe it's the cute FPF Shop sticker that backs up her description of the contents, I don't know.

Having said all that, if I had an option of getting something sent to an address in the U.S. and going across to pick it up, I'd probably do that instead, in order to avoid the package going through Customs by mail.
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down