Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get unbreakable mirror??

+2
Fabtastic
Ruth
6 posters

Go down

Where to get unbreakable mirror?? Empty Where to get unbreakable mirror??

Post by Ruth Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Yesterday was my 2nd gig ever yay me!!!!! lol it was such a learning experience. Towards the end of my gig a lil girl dropped my mirror and it broke. So kinds of mirrors do you guys use? and if possible where can I find an unbreakable mirror??

Thanks Ruth
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-11-07

http://www.wix.com/delightfulcreations/byruth

Back to top Go down

Where to get unbreakable mirror?? Empty Re: Where to get unbreakable mirror??

Post by Fabtastic Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:42 pm

I use these ones that they sell at the dollar store that are meant for wall decoration, they are different shapes. Mine is shaped like an apple - it had the biggest visible area (the music note one was cute but you couldn't see your whole face in it!). They are just plastic, and they do get scratched easily, but there were three in the package for $1.25 so I bought three packages, should do me for a while. You can see it in this pic:
Where to get unbreakable mirror?? Setup_15\

Another thought, you could look in the school supply section for locker mirrors. They are usually unbreakable.
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm

I've got locker mirrors - plastic ones. I got them at the dollar store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painters Ink Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Ruth- I am new here and doing tons of research. Saw your post and figured I would share. Ikea has the most adorable heart framed mirrors right now...$7 in the kids dept. It has a safety film though not unbreakable. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10160173 They also have a larger one that is lime green and looks like a giant paint splash. It says it is made of plastic for kids' safety...not sure if that applies to the mirror itself or just the frame. It is pricey at $19.99 but I love it! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90134528 I live in New Mexico now -no Ikea here, but on my way to my hometown of Phx to visit/shop and Ikea will be on the list. I will check them out and report back here. (Neither have handles, but I plan to hang them away from my set up to keep the line moving). Hubby will have to affix something to make them easy and safe to hang up. I am blessed in that department - he is is very inventive, handy and helpful - great at making stuff I will need for this gig.

Very Happy
Face Painters Ink
Face Painters Ink

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I use locker mirrors too, and also camping mirrors. The camping section at Wal-Mart sometimes has acrylic mirrors that come with double sided tape which can be stuck to any surface.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:46 pm

I think Silly Farm sells an unbreakable mirror. However, I still prefer the real thing. I use mirrors with wooden frames that I find in the craft store, either Hobby Lobby or Michael's (I frequent both more than my wallet can really afford, lol). Since the wooden frame is boring, I cover it with colored duct tape. The wooden face gives the mirror more protection against breakage. In the 7 years I've been using this style of mirror, I've only broken one, and even then it was only one crack, no glass fell out. I now use that mirror for doing my own painting and normal make up at home.

Here's what a couple of my mirrors look(ed) like:
Where to get unbreakable mirror?? 184

I recently re-did the duct tape job when I found duct tape with tye dye and pink plaid prints on it.
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbieSmith Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

I bought the large "unbreakable" one at Silly Farm. It was broken within about 6 weeks Sad But I liked it until then....
BarbieSmith
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:22 am

Great tips, thanks guys!

@Punky love ur mirrors, very cute

@Barbie lol u liked it until then lol they should give u ur money back!

@SPO, welcome to the forum Smile Ikea is literally a couple of blks away from my home. Maybe ill go ck them out and report back to u lol thanks for the tip Smile
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-11-07

http://www.wix.com/delightfulcreations/byruth

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painters Ink Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi all- I have been to AZ and back! Bought the green 'paint splash' mirror from Ikea. Love it!! The entire frame is made of very sturdy, foam material that can be wiped clean with a baby wipe. The mirror is large and very well protected by the foam frame as it is an inset to the frame. It would be quite difficult to break. (The heart shaped mirrors at Ikea that I noted in my original post were not a good choice at all...very small and easy to break).

Thanks for the Warm Welcome, Ruth! Did I read that you are in Puerto Rico? Well deserved vacation, I hope.

I will let you all know how this mirror stands up over time.

Stacey
Face Painters Ink
Face Painters Ink

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down