Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies.

+29
artyfacesbyluz
Monna (sounds like Donna)
funnyfacesofct
summers4seasons
Painted Dragon
eva
Denise Cold
Christina K
Lauri Strandell
ponygirl
mickeyblue
Frenchie the Face Painter
Zilly
namanda123
Clayton
glitterbugg
jnjkoz
anniel
Mirandas
Geekophile
Kristal
jenjenhana
IamGinaW
Tash
ChangingFaceDesigns
Ashley Pickin
barbb919
flopsietheclown
AshleyMarie727
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies.

Post by ponygirl Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Img_1414
Here is my Fatmax, painted with Krylon plastic paint. So far, so good - I can't pick any of it off, seems like a great bond and frankly I'm surprised. I'm going to put a "Peppermint Pony" logo on the front, to offset all that deadly RED. I think I'm going to call it REDRUM. LoL.
ponygirl
ponygirl

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-08

http://www.thepeppermintpony.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies.

Post by Lauri Strandell Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:33 pm

IMG_7210
Shower Caddy!

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Img_7210
Traveler mini fits right in my purse!

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ponygirl Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:00 pm

I weighed all the paints I have...the new ones, upgrading as I have from the Snaz Pro 54...I'm so embarrassed...it came to TWELVE POUNDS!!! I spent yesterday night trying to figure out what to keep, what to sell off, and what to slip into smaller containers. I bought white and black in DFX, Paradise AND Wolfe....there's a cpl pounds right there !!

Relevance being - what we can pack in a Fatmax...
ponygirl
ponygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:27 pm

I actually can't decide if I should get a Fat Max when I have the funds or if I should get a scrap book carry case like Lisa Joy Young shows here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBbEuvkLYM
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ponygirl Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 am

I'm watching the video now...I guess it depends on what you are doing. If you have a small repertoire, which seems to be standard, I guess that is okay. I get so easily bored, and having used the Snaz pro 54 for a couple of years I could never use that few colors. Same with brushes. I have tons of brushes so I don't have to rinse them, so that I can do any design in any book I have and still motor.

Anyway, the Fatmax is great if you have 12 pounds of paint like I do :-/, and four full-size books and two binders for kids to choose from. And really the big draw is that it can be used as a table and station and weather and pilfer-proof storage. I used to keep my brushes in an oversized glass, in a picnic basket in my truck...and when that fell over the brushes suffered. That Fatmax isn't tipping ANYWHERE.

I like being able to dig and grab stuff out of the same place without having to 'set up'. I do several different kind of jobs - Mostly birthday parties, but also crazy daycare gigs in the summer along with the pony rides - I'm planning on a lot of arty cake butterflies for that.

It's heavy and bulky but I'm 46 and have no physical issues. The humping I have to do is offset by knowing that no toddler is going to pull over my bungee-table. I don't advocate indiscriminate thing-buying...think about your gigs and how many times you need a table. I'm not altogether sure this will be the greatest thing for in-home use - it does take up about 8 sq ft when opened up, so if the hostess has only table room and not floor space, I'll be in trouble. Plus if you stand, I'm tall and it's too short for me to use while standing.

All things to consider. OTOH, it is a good general item, rodent proof, and will get some kind of use in your household should you not use it for FP.
ponygirl
ponygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I just watched that video Gina... I haven't watched FP videos in ages and wow there are a lot of them now!
Her case looks good! Not as much to lug around as the fat max and it holds your laptop pallets... pretty good I rekon.
Wonder why she doesn't use brush holder? It would make her set up a lot faster and a bit neater too.
Whever I unack/set-up and pack up again the clients always remark about how much stuff I can get into/ outof my case and bag... like it's a magic trick and not nessesity. LOL
I don't think I will ever switch to a fat max, the idea of having to lift it in and out of the car is enough to turn me off it.
The other day I had a gig in a hotel/pub/nightclub in a private room - I had to go up three double flights of stairs with my stuff. I made it alright but my poor hubby with all of his airbrush stuff... far out it nearly killed him.
In my pallet backback I have my laptops pallets, my design choice book, my brush wallet, and any towles or tablecloths I might use.
Everything else goes in my black and purple metal case.
I also cannot believe she only uses one type of glitter!!!!!
I could never hold myself to only one type! I am a full glitter tart!
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ponygirl Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

LoL!! I have watched some of her other videos. IMO, she's rather simplistic with her designs, and doesn't offer her clients any choices or pictures. I'd be flat out of business if I did that here. Kids are used to getting what EVER it is their little heart desires in this area.
ponygirl
ponygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina K Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 am

I got mine from Hobby Lobby that is actually a bag for scrapbookers. It has tons of pockets and storage and has wheels for easy transporting. It is also really cute and affordable. If you watch the sales you can get it for around $60.

Christina K

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Tash wrote:I also cannot believe she only uses one type of glitter!!!!!
I could never hold myself to only one type! I am a full glitter tart!
She explains in another video that she only uses the holographic/iridescent glitter because if she has a bunch of glitters, the girls will stand there telling her they want "this one" and "that one" and "that one" and it saves her time not to have that happen.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 am

jnjkoz wrote:I have been doing the cruise ship thing lately so I've had to really had to compact my kit a great deal. If you have a harbor freight in your area you can go and look through their tool kits, they are wonderful for this kind of thing! They have larger ones and smaller ones....

Like jnjkoz I wanted to travel light so I got one very similar to the harbor freight one that I've really enjoyed. I don't have many paints right now but it's deep enough to hold two or three paints stacked, my Wonder Pallets, kabuki brushes, baby wipes, cotton wipes, small spray bottles, poof glitter, sponges, pouncers, lots of brushes, tic-tacs, business cards, mirror (behind the brushes) any signs or printouts (lots of room but it will get top-heavy if you remove the paints!) It's great to take over to homes and looks good when it's open and all the brushes are right there (and removable if necessary.) The only drawback is that because it's aluminum it wouldn't hold my car magnet like I was hoping. Smile

I saw this same case for $50 on Silly Farm but it was about $25.00 at Lowes. I like the "professionalism" of it...it's so shiny and hard! LOL

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Alumin10

Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm

I also have a scrapbook rolling case like Lisa's and I love it. I feel like i am able to fit more stuff in than she does.
I do have all my paints on a slim scrapbook case. I have all my glitters standing on a little basket, ready to be pull out and place on the table. I do the same thing with brushes,I have the ice tube tray with all of them in so they can also be ready to pull out. I keep a laundry mesh bag with all my sponges ( I clip this to the side of the scrapbook case, on the table), a container for water, the water tub, wipes ,even my tablecloth fits in there. I still use the outisde pockets to carry xtras.
For a quick set up: Its just matter of knowing how to place everything in there leaving on top the stuff that goes first on the table, in my case tablecloth goes on top.
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I also had a scrapbooking roller for years.I think it was the "Crop in Style xxl rolling organizer" I loved mine too. Mine had movable velcro walls/dividers in it so I could arrange it however i wanted. I fit everything in it, and the sillyfarm laptopish paint case fit perfectly in the top. The side pockets allowed me to carry all the extra shennanigans that I had "just incase" like paper, scissors, sticky magnets and such.

I just switched to a smaller version of the fatmaxx, and gave the other to my fp partner, it is to be scene if I will cry over that decision.

I really did like the roller though. I would get out what I needed and shove my purse down inside zip it and put it under the table by me. My biggest complaint and why i switched is it was fabric and i hated scrubbing the fabric down
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Dragon Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

So what is the dimensions of this?

colden wrote:
jnjkoz wrote:I have been doing the cruise ship thing lately so I've had to really had to compact my kit a great deal. If you have a harbor freight in your area you can go and look through their tool kits, they are wonderful for this kind of thing! They have larger ones and smaller ones....

Like jnjkoz I wanted to travel light so I got one very similar to the harbor freight one that I've really enjoyed. I don't have many paints right now but it's deep enough to hold two or three paints stacked, my Wonder Pallets, kabuki brushes, baby wipes, cotton wipes, small spray bottles, poof glitter, sponges, pouncers, lots of brushes, tic-tacs, business cards, mirror (behind the brushes) any signs or printouts (lots of room but it will get top-heavy if you remove the paints!) It's great to take over to homes and looks good when it's open and all the brushes are right there (and removable if necessary.) The only drawback is that because it's aluminum it wouldn't hold my car magnet like I was hoping. Smile

I saw this same case for $50 on Silly Farm but it was about $25.00 at Lowes. I like the "professionalism" of it...it's so shiny and hard! LOL

Looking for a carrying case for all my supplies. - Page 2 Alumin10

Painted Dragon
Painted Dragon

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.the-painted-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 am

I am still hooked on my double-rifle case w/wheels. Everything is velcroed in, no lids...spray, glitter, brushes, water basin, jewels, feathers...it all fits & opens and closes sooo fast! My newest is by "Plano" so it even matches my black chair! I don't have to carry a table that "fits" me (height/space)--just toss my kit across the top of whatever.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Anniel; will you please post pics? I'd LOVE to see your setup.
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyfacesofct Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Please I would to see Annie's rifle case too

funnyfacesofct

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.funnyfacesofct.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monna (sounds like Donna) Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:11 am

And ME TOO...want to see Annie's rifle case!....PLEASE bounce cheers Exclamation

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.youravon.com/monnablack

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 am

Aren't people frightened to see you wheeling up to their front door with a rifle case? affraid I guess I'm having a hard time picturing what it actually looks like.
Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Ok, I have to take my 15 year old to the orthodontist--so I will take pictures at tonight gig & post when I get home... (sorry for the slight delay...)

Ya know, Geekophile, it's kinda cool for "official type" gigs that you've gotta go through security for...cause I get special attention the lst time in... & then usually somebody offers to help me .....Through airports, it ends up in the baggage offices safe and secure...

anniel
anniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 pm

I have the same scrapbooking case as Lisa. And I have the Fatmax.
I use the scrapbook case when doing smaller gigs. More birthday parties.
I only use my Fatmax for festivals. It is way too heavy to carry for smaller events. No need to carry all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:44 pm

I only use one clour of glitter when I face paint as well. The pearl white. Shows up amazing on any colour. Funny thing is, I am also a glitter freak but not when face painting....only for glitter tattoos. I have 27 glitters to choose from then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Ok O just googled rolling rifle case and if you tell me that sucker opens up flat then I am buying one this week and slapping some legs on it! That is supremely cool.
Geekophile
Geekophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Geekophile wrote:Ok O just googled rolling rifle case and if you tell me that sucker opens up flat then I am buying one this week and slapping some legs on it! That is supremely cool.

MINUS the rifle?? affraid

I just Googled it as well. How would you attach legs? What an awesome piece of "furniture."

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:07 pm

So here are some simple folding legs that I found on amazon. You would have to drill them into the case. Add a little velcro and a foam matt to the inside and then... you would have the poor man's Artist on the go!
Geekophile
Geekophile

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Geekophile--my Plano (Black Plastic) case does open flat. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the pictures on here...HELP! confused
anniel
anniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next