Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body Painting

4 posters

Go down

Body Painting Empty Body Painting

Post by CABBYJ Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I need help. Never done it before & given that my name has "Body Art" in it I probably should know how to do it.

What paints?
How long do the paints last?
Brushes?
Do you airbrush?
CABBYJ
CABBYJ

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-07-29

http://www.evolutionz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Body Painting Empty Re: Body Painting

Post by Gamezgirl Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:48 pm

For me, the simplest answer is...the same as face painting...but bigger... I don't airbrush, but I'm still new so take my info with a grain of salt. Wink Um, yeah the brush thing, I certainly won't use the same brushes on a body and then put them to a face, well, not private parts, I mean painting a back design, ok, but jeans require their own brush Wink
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Basically anything you paint on a face with (face paint as well as other make-up products) can be used on the body - it is just a bigger canvas. You use bigger sponges to cover larger areas, bigger brushes to take bigger strokes... and have lots of area to cover which can take ages!!

I use both traditional oil based make-up as well as the water activated/based products.

They last as long as they can... they wear off in contact points - elbows, knees, armpits, crotch... or sweaty areas. You can use sealers.

Same brushes - just have some larger ones available.

And I don't like airbrushing but some people do amazing stuff with it, I just don't like mechanical things! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by CABBYJ Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:09 am

Shannon,

What are sealers? Do you apply them to common sweat points?
CABBYJ
CABBYJ

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-07-29

http://www.evolutionz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 pm

There are different ones: Mehron Barrier Spray, Green Marble (which requires remover!), Kryolan Fixier, Ben Nye... etc. etc.

Some people use hair spray...

It depends on what you want to do... how long you need it to last, and the application methods can vary a bit. Read the directions. Wink

Generally if you use them you use them under/over ALL the paint, not just spots.

I don't use them myself so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I would suggest taking a class with a professional I don't see it as face painting but bigger it's different . You not only need technical skill but you need to be very aware of your model and how to keep her comfortable. It is a much longer process with different challenges. Different paints for different reasons there are many different styles for example I prefer to use krylon with a Kabuki brush for large areas and detail in DFX - I also use a lot of paradise. I haven't had to use sealer yet because most stuff has gone straight into a photo shoot. But I am trying to learn best practices now for event work. All my brushes get disinfected after use but I do have a body set. I don't know if I posted this but I did this one in September. This is my 5th one my first was in April.
Body Painting Krush511
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 pm

I like to keep it simple. For me, I like the "just like face painting, but bigger" concept. It works for me. I do like Snaz for faces, but not for bodies. I use my paradise for bodies. But that is just personal preference.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down