Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM me or post here with topic suggestions

+16
clowngirl
Lauri Strandell
Erica's Funny Faces
Rayebs
Rebons
ladysinaz
mamakatrien
EileenF
SmuggyMugs
angiespaintbrush
CreateFaces
Lyndell44
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Lonnie
vampkat
Metina
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PM me or post here with topic suggestions Empty PM me or post here with topic suggestions

Post by Metina Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:59 am

Hiya,

You can respond under this section for inclusion or PM me or a moderator.

You are free to reply once the topic is posted, but since this is not a section to ask questions per say, you will not be able to start new topics.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

PM me or post here with topic suggestions Empty Re: PM me or post here with topic suggestions

Post by vampkat Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:01 pm

I say a good question to ask is what paints aren't safe for certain things (like reds for eyelids and blue and greens for lips). That's something I never would have though to ask since the face painting paints are supposed to be safe for everything.
vampkat
vampkat

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-06-03

http://www.hennabykat.com

Back to top Go down

PM me or post here with topic suggestions Empty Re: PM me or post here with topic suggestions

Post by Lonnie Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 pm

And another one could be peoples opinions regarding different colors. For example what is the best black for lines, red for bases, gold, silver etc Smile
Lonnie
Lonnie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2009-07-31

http://www.Lonnies-ansigtsmaling.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by vampkat Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:18 pm

OO, or a Demo thread where people can put all their pictures of different paint colors.
vampkat
vampkat

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-06-03

http://www.hennabykat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 pm

what about how to clean practice heads and skins and keep them clean?
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 pm

okay, so I have another question I need answered that could be a good topic... How to do glitter tats. I've never done them, want to get into them, but don't know what I need or how to do them.
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndell44 Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm

There are some cute YouTube videos showing how easy it is. Then you have to decide if you are going to go large into it, or just dip your toe into it. There are both large and small kits on both the SillyFarm and Amerikan Body Art websites. The large Glimmer kits come with a huge variety of glitter, probably more than you need to start. I found that when the kids saw all those different colors they got carried away and wanted all of them. Fewer is probably better!
Good luck, it's fun, and easy enough for rookies to get good results.

Lyn
Lyndell44
Lyndell44

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndell44 Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 pm

ps - there's a whole section on Glitter tattoos!
Lyndell44
Lyndell44

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:53 am

FAQ #1 - "What do I need to start?" This question comes up all the time maybe it could get added to this FAQ section?
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 am

Is there a way to make a "Sticky" Thread in this forum that always stays at the top of a subforum? I ask this because the few other forums I'm on have a tutorial on how to post a photo in a thread in a few of their subforums and they made the thread a "Sticky thread" so it stays right front and center. Otherwise I would suggest just making it a topic in this subforum since a lot of newbies it seems have trouble posting pics in the main thread.
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 am

I have now made this a sticky under the "using this forum" area.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by angiespaintbrush Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 am

Where does everyone purchase their supplies?
angiespaintbrush
angiespaintbrush

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-13

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angies-Paintbrush-Face-Painting/1

Back to top Go down

Post by angiespaintbrush Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 am

I really want to read about the differents kinds of brushes to use and what designs each brush can make. I am still practicing the flat brush one stroke rose.... but there are many brushes i do not even use that i own. Please get me some well needed information.
THANX
Ang
angiespaintbrush
angiespaintbrush

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-13

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angies-Paintbrush-Face-Painting/1

Back to top Go down

Post by SmuggyMugs Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

what about boy designs only thread with photos or tutorials. having a hard time coming up with fast cheek art, arm art, full face, and half face designs....thanks in advanc!

SmuggyMugs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by EileenF Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm

I wish there was a section for members to post their how to videos or demos. Smile
EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Good idea!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 am

Eileen I was thinking the same thing.
It is sometimes hard to find decent examples on youtube as they are not all listed with "facepaint"
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 am

A "where do i start" sort of thread.. whats the recommended base/bare min kit to just get started. X colors, X brush, x sponge.
And maybe pics of super basic designs and / or practice drills using the bare min kit.. from our very own members
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebons Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Metina,
What about a "how to find specific information on this forum" thread? I stumbled across the suggestion somewhere to use the google search in this way... "[topic of interest] site:facepaintforum.com" rather than the search bar on the forum page. No offense to this amazing forum's search bar, but searching that way has been extremely helpful.
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayebs Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 pm

How to clean different brands off of skin. I have read the manufacturer's info for Wolf FX... but I still have red stain from 2 days ago!
Rayebs
Rayebs

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Rebons, this forum is a wordpress site. My site is also wordpress and unfortunately their search bar is not great. It only really pulls up the topic key words and exact matches. Sad There is probably a plug-in that might be more accurate though.
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri Strandell Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 am

Last edited by Lauri Strandell on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was being a dumb ass)

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Lauri, tell me and the world why you justify the (ridiculous) amount YOU charge!

clowngirl

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-10-26

https://www.facebook.com/Lulu.Clown?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooncrystal159 Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:10 am

How about a general "What do you do when...?" Kind of page? :3
Mooncrystal159
Mooncrystal159

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by eckert626 Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Need help with finding face painter insurance. Any name of company's that offer that are very good?
eckert626
eckert626

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next