Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face paint design boards

2 posters

Go down

Face paint design boards Empty Face paint design boards

Post by Lunar Wolf Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 am

I just wanted to ask how people do their design boards because I am struggling to sort mine out. I originally had some boards where I had pinned laminated sheets of paper to them where I painted on the designs (oh god why), it was a terrible idea but it worked. These have now fallen apart I need new boards so I want to make ones that will last

Lunar Wolf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

Face paint design boards Empty Re: Face paint design boards

Post by fesspenter Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

There are word boards that a lot of painters use. These are wonderful as you can change your design any time. Laminate, and put velcro or a magnet on the back.

You can purchase some face paint designs from Etsy stores, and put them on a board. I always underachieve when I create these faces... so people are SO pleased with the actual result... and, I can do less details for those wiggly children. I use these little painted faces at a large festival we do every summer. There are many children who do not speak english, or, are non-verbal, so they can point to what they want.
I used to offer up free face painting in the park, if the parent would sign a model release form, and allow me to publish their child's face in photos for my advertisement, website, or choices board. I laminated the photos and put velcro on the back, so I could switch out the pictures. I put coloured dots on the pictures to show the price points. I put a colour key on the side of the board, showing the green dots are $, the yellow dots are $$ and the blue dots are $$$. I can change the price anytime.
Ask lots of painters how they display their work. You will find some really clever ideas.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Face paint design boards Empty Re: Face paint design boards

Post by Lunar Wolf Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am

Thank you this helps alot

Lunar Wolf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-22