Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area

2 posters

Go down

Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area Empty Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area

Post by addie165 Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 am

Hi, I'm really new to face painting and I needed to do it for a costume, so I bought the only face paint available at the shops near me- Global liquid paint. I've scoured the net for tips when using liquid face paint but I can't seem to find any- can anyone help? Also, how can I apply it so that it is smooth and even over a large area? I've tried a brush and a wedge but it looks awful! Thank you!

addie165

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-13

Back to top Go down

Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area Empty Re: Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area

Post by Kris5115 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:43 am

Hi and welcome. I'm really sorry you having trouble with your paint. With practice and a sponge, you should be able to improve your coverage. Try stippling or dabbing rather than dragging or stroking. Global is a good brand so hopefully a bit more practice and you will get the results you desire.

Also, I think you have discovered why most professional face painters choose products that are in a cake format rather than liquid. With the cakes, there is much better control over the consistency. Water is added (to the sponge, brush, or directly to the cake) and the amount of water makes a huge difference in the application. It's much more difficult to control the consistency with liquid paints.

If you click the colorful rectangle near the top of the forum, you'll see the Face Paint Forum Shop with a bunch of great products including sponges and cake style face paints.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area Empty Re: Help with using liquid paint esp. for a large area

Post by addie165 Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Ok, thank you so much for your help!

addie165

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum