Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New area- how not to be a jerk

2 posters

Go down

New area- how not to be a jerk Empty New area- how not to be a jerk

Post by PaisleyPeacock Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:58 pm

This is more about me as a henna and glitter artist, as I'm not solid enough to offer my services painting yet, but I think the same things apply.
I just moved to a new area and am looking for more work near me. I want to find out what other people who are willing to come here charge. I haven't used any of the gig services recently as I was consistently outbid where I used to live and got tired of writing a thoughtful response to lose out to a kid who just bought her first tube of premixed crap at Hot Topic- the henna artist version of acrylic paint. I was considering checking them out by asking for bids, but it is my understanding that a lot of them charge for a bid, and I don't want people to have to pay for my market research! How do I find out the real local prices without being a jerk?

PaisleyPeacock

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

New area- how not to be a jerk Empty Re: New area- how not to be a jerk

Post by anniel Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm

I would shoot for what you feel you are worth considering your experience, costs (materials, insurance, travel, etc.).

You will always find those who can underbid you. Be your personal best, be fair in your pricing. If you are super curious, call a few companies & tell them you are price shopping, and ask what they charge. If you are looking more to establish clients long term, you will be less frustrated at those who "get all the (low paying) gigs".

I have found that being professional & dependable is more valuable to a client than the bottom line price.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down