Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces?

3 posters

Go down

Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces? Empty Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces?

Post by Snazzy12 Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:09 am

Hello Everyone,

I have trouble getting the glitter to stick and stay in small spaces, such as butterfly antennas, skinny spider legs and claws. I put the glitter on while the stencil is on. I use either prosaide or glimmer glue.
I put a lot of glue in the small spaces and make sure it is tacky before adding glitter. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Snazzy

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces? Empty Re: Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces?

Post by fesspenter Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:37 am

In the rectangle above this column, is a link to the FacePaintForumShop.com.
Metina sells something called a Glitter Wand/Powder Brush. It is just over $3.
This is made with silicone, and it picks up glitter easily and lets the glitter go when applied to a surface stickier than the silicone, like tacky glitter glue, or face paint.
After applying the glitter glue, and allowing it to get tacky, apply the glitter in those small spaces with the Glitter Wand. You can also do this with a small, short-bristled brush, tamping the glitter gently into the glue. I prefer the Glitter Wand because it cleans up so easily. The brushes pick up some of the glue, and they sometimes require vigorous cleaning to get the glue out of the bristles.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces? Empty Use different tattoos

Post by Texastexastexas Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:19 pm

I've applied several hundred tattoos now. I've learned that the risky tatts just aren't worth it. Some tatts are beautiful and cool EVERY SINGLE TIME so I stick with those. There are many butterflies without needle-thin details. I usually have a long line so I can't spend time "fixing" my mistakes. Good luck!

Texastexastexas

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces? Empty Re: Problem getting glitter to stay in Small Spaces?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down