Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-season money makers

2 posters

Go down

Off-season money makers Empty Off-season money makers

Post by Kal Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:13 am

How many of you create your own money generating gigs?

Since Festival season is over I'm looking for ideas on one I could create for myself. I'm fairly new to the industry and don't have a lot of private party clientele to keep things moving along during the slow season.

All suggestions and ideas are appreciated!
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Off-season money makers Empty Re: Off-season money makers

Post by jlirie Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:18 pm

throwing out some ideas based on events in my area -

fall/winter - apple, harvest, and wine events, 1k/5k runs and "mudder" events, chili or chowder cook off, holiday shopping events, craft shows, ice carving contests, ski resorts, corporate holiday parties, community holiday events, schools?, bowling alleys, restaurants (mentioned on the forum), malls

spring - runs and mudder events, fund raisers, st patrick's day, easter, plant/garden shows, year round venues mentioned above
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:25 pm

I do theatre, school demonstrations/workshops (drama, art and cosmetology programs), private appointments.

I generally don't have major FP bookings in January or July (excluding Canada Day).

I spend time doing marketing, confirming annual events, working on updating displays, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down