Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website Critique

5 posters

Go down

Website Critique Empty Website Critique

Post by SmileLines Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:22 am

Hi guys!
I have been working on my new website with a friend and I feel like it is starting to come together... But I wanted to see how you guys feel about it! I still need to add the about me content, Supplies content where I will talk about how I use cosmetic grade blah blah blah. I am going to need to add a link to Face Book somewhere and I am also going to be hosting a party to get little models for my scrolling gallery. Am I missing anything? Should I take anything out or change the layout at all? Thanks for the advice in advance Smile

smilelinesfacepainting.com
SmileLines
SmileLines

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-02-08

http://smilelinesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Website Critique Empty Re: Website Critique

Post by jlirie Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 am

great professional looking photos first thing you see is a good thing. my only thought is they could be more close up, so people can see the design better.

i'd make the font in your contact info bigger.  make it easy for them to touch base with you Smile

i like the font in your name, however the black against the plum color seems a bit formal and subdued for a face painting website.

my face painty eyes want to see more colors! and shapes!  not silly crazy stuff, but fonts and graphics that remind me of the artistic side of face painting Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaBB Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:24 am

It looks great, really professional. I love the page about you with a nice photo.
AnnaBB
AnnaBB

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by painterfly Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:36 pm

I totally see where you are coming from jlirie... Maybe I could add a colorful graphic banner at the top of each page.
I am still trying to figure out how to change the main fonts, but I will look into it.
Am I missing any info from the page itself? I feel like I am missing something... like an FAQ or an about the products or something? I am also thinking about adding another page with on the job pics (If I can ever remember to take them).

Also, I had to create another account because I have temporarily forgotten my login info (and after i created this one, I remembered there is someone named glitterfly... oops!)
painterfly
painterfly

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm

A couple quick comments,

I personally feel every page should have some image of your work on it. Fill in some of that white space.

Also, I feel your gallery is hidden on your homepage... I think you should have a separate link on the site listed as "Gallery" or something similar so it's not missed.

Yes, a FAQ or something with additional information would be good too.
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by painterfly Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely put a gallery button in... That makes a lot of sense.

Should I put the image at the bottom of all the text on each page, or at the top?
painterfly
painterfly

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:37 pm

since face painting is visual, people are looking for your work, so i'd put images at top of pages. that way, people can see them first thing.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down