Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice Heads

+4
soperfect paint
JMJ3553
Metina
Kal
8 posters

Go down

Practice Heads Empty Practice Heads

Post by Kal Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:01 am

I have finally exhausted all of my child resources. Sad

I realize not all practice heads are created equal and I was wondering which ones you guys prefer?
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Practice Heads Empty Re: Practice Heads

Post by Metina Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:07 pm

You know, most of them are totally fine, just don't pay too much for them. Once you get one, clean with magic eraser and 91% alcohol. We have some now and they seem to work pretty well and people have been please with the head and 3-D face. http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/category-s/2000.htm
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMJ3553 Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm

There is a good video by Silly Farm comparing all of the practice heads. If you go to Sillyfarm.com and look at the heads I believe it should ope up for you. I found it really helpful although I have yet to buy one yet haha
JMJ3553
JMJ3553

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-05-05

http://www.magicfacesbymichelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soperfect paint Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:23 am

Yes,it is very helpful idea.

soperfect paint

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusrising Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:33 am

Hi, I do event planning and often at this time we do a lot of Christmas Face painting. I am now starting to try my painting skills so doing some research, I encountered both this forum and the video mentioned above which was indeed helpful. What I am confused about is that when you search for the Mehron practice heads the prices are radically different which makes me question whether quality will differ by site if not bought straight from Mehron since I am shipping to Canada. Amazon had it at $80 while others at $30 but most Out of Stock. Also, the P2 mentioned in the video is that the ProFace? she mentioned developed by a clown. But within this forum there is another thread that keeps on mentioning ProKnow but talking about it having the skins as well. Does anyone know which is the best site to order the P2 if the better one?

lotusrising

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 am

it is the proface p2 practice head. can't advise you on use as i have a cheaper face shell only. good rubbery texture, but need to scrub with scouring pad and alcohol to clean.

the face paint forum practice head looks like the p2, but is not labeled, so you'd need to ask metina.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 pm

The P2 Practice Head sold at Sf is the same as sold by many vendors for less. Buy it at the FPFShop for $29.99. Not sure is it comes with an extra mask. Some do. But shipping is reasonable at $5.99. If shipping internationally you may find a cheaper option on a head like this.

P2 is a name made up by SF. So you will not find heads under that name elsewhere.

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pamelaksch Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

I am going to buy a practice head. Does anyone know if it would be easier to clean a darker skinned head vs. a lighter skin? I am considering the darker skin, because I have lighter skin myself, and it would be nice to see how designs look on another skin color.

pamelaksch

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down