Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to store stencils?

4 posters

Go down

how to store stencils?   Empty how to store stencils?

Post by Staley Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:39 am

For our first event offering glitter tattoos we had two methods of storing them.
The larger reusable ones we printed the designs on card-stock, laminated it, hole punched it to put in binder, stuck the stencils to the back of the corresponding page.  Once it stopped sticking it was thrown out and crossed off the laminated page with a dry erase marker.  This worked OK for those but we did have to very lightly dust the fronts of the used stencils with powder to keep the pages from sticking together.  

The smaller one time use stencils were a little more of a problem but not too bad.  I am hoping there is a better way though.  We had 100 designs and 3 of each.  We had them stored in a binder with the sheets that you use for baseball cards.  Again we had laminated card-stock with the designs printed and that was separate from the binder since the stencils fall out of the little card pockets too easily and we did not want customers touching that binder.  When we run out of one design it gets marked off with dry erase marker.  Our problem is the care needed to keep the binder from getting knocked down or tilted wrong causing the tattoos to fall out.  

How do you all organize those things???

Also, I realized that we need to be much more obvious with our display.  People kept asking if some of the face painting examples were for glitter tattoos.  Our FP examples are painted with face paint on card-stock faces and seem in my mind to be obviously face paint but I guess I need a noticeable display for the glitter tattoo examples as opposed to just having them out on the table.

Staley

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

how to store stencils?   Empty Re: how to store stencils?

Post by Kal Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 am

I use a jewelry organizer.
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CutieMcGee Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 pm

I also store mine in a jewlery organizer. I have seen some people who have them in binders that people can flip though. But I don't feel comfortable with my stencils where people can grab them. That's just me.
CutieMcGee
CutieMcGee

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:41 am

I agree, Cutie--had some kiddos one time even select a handful each from my jewelry organizer while I was busy with a guest. I gently took them out of their hands, and said--Hey, you wouldn't want me to get into your toys without asking, right? Well, these are MY toys". Most hanging jewelry organizers have server size pockets that accommodate different size stencils well. (The Container Store sells them, though you can often find them at places like Ross).
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CutieMcGee Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls.

I think I found mine at Kohls
CutieMcGee
CutieMcGee

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Got mine at Target
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down