Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unintentional marketing

2 posters

Go down

Unintentional marketing Empty Unintentional marketing

Post by Hoodat Whatzit Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 pm

My dad is an oil painter and he sets up at a monthly art walk in downtown Jacksonville on the first Wednesday of each month that runs from 4:00 to 9:00. Usually, I am teaching and will meet him down there after I get off work and stay to help him out and pack his paintings up at the end of the evening. Of course, in the summer I am out of school so things aren't so hectic for me and this month on the day of art walk I was playing around with my kit practicing one-stroke flowers on my arm. My last try at a complete design turned out well enough that I didn't feel like washing it off before we went downtown so I left it alone.

My dad was talking to a gentleman about a Hispanic Heritage Festival in October and the guy took one of my dad's cards. Just in passing, he also asked about my arm design (the usual... Do you paint too? type of questions). I explained I was practicing to get back into face painting and my artistic talent was minimal compared to my dad. Anyway, my dad just got an email inviting him to set up for the Heritage Festival and they invited me to set up as a face painter too. And the best part? It's free for both of us to set up! (And he specifically said I could charge for face painting in his email.) In the email to my dad, they claim to be expecting 10,000 - 12,000 people to attend.

Guess I better get a move on and get my act together officially! Smile

Hoodat Whatzit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Unintentional marketing Empty Re: Unintentional marketing

Post by LittleMonsters Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Very nice! Now you need to start walking around in full body paint and you'll be set! Razz
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum