Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook help!!!

3 posters

Go down

facebook help!!!  Empty facebook help!!!

Post by newbie:) Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 pm

So I'm highly debating on opening a fb page for facepainting. I don't even know where to start. Any advice is greatly appreciated. How much to charge. How to do deposits. I've mostly done a few birthday parties. My skills arent awesome but ok. Please help. I'll try to post pic so you guys can see and give me any advice. Thank you all Smile

newbie:)

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

facebook help!!!  Empty Re: facebook help!!!

Post by LittleMonsters Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:55 pm

What to charge is typically based on your location and your experience - $$$ is going to vary location to location.

I use Paypal Invoicing for my deposits.  You can create an invoice and send it through an e-mail to the client and they can pay by bank card, credit card, or paypal - super simple!  They do take a small fee, but I feel it's worth it.

Kijiji is also your friend for advertising if you're looking to create a facebook page.  It's where I get the brunt of my bookings.  And it's FREE Smile
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 am

thank you littlemonsters i will check out kijiji, ive never heard of it. I am located in santa barbara and most face painters charge from $80 on up to over $100 an hour but i dont think im at that level yet

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:23 am

facebook help!!!  20150211

facebook help!!!  20150410
facebook help!!!  20150411

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:30 am

Looks pretty good to me!  If you don't think you're ready to charge $80, come in a little under that then.

I believe Kijiji would be www.ebayclassifieds.com in the US and thus why you have never heard of it, lol.
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 am

lol gottcha. thank you so much littlemonsters i will be creating something and putting myself out there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

You're stuff looks better then most of my competition here that charge more then I do lol.

Do like $75 - $85 /hr to start I'd say. Again all depends on where you are. Scope out other face painters in your area.

As for the face book page. Have it mainly as a fan page to start and for people to contact you, but perhaps have note in the 'about' section about 'contact me for a quote!' until you figure things out.

Use the page to post your photos and have an online presence for starters. Also never by FB likes even from FB they are worse then useless. 

As for more about figure out your prices, check out this article for starters.
Never Feel Bad About Your Prices
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down