Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

artist on the go vs. craft n go table?

+2
Affordable Face Magic
Luvs to paint
6 posters

Go down

artist on the go vs. craft n go table? Empty artist on the go vs. craft n go table?

Post by Luvs to paint Sun May 24, 2015 6:24 am

I'm ready to order one of these but would appreciate any feedback, pros/cons  from someone who has seen/tried both.  They are too expensive for me just to "try"  out.    I've had a fat max, a gun case, and a dj kit (using this now).  Also, craft n go has two sizes, I like the look of the larger vs. The smaller.  Any suggestions?   I've watched every video on the subject I can find.   Thanks in advance!
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

artist on the go vs. craft n go table? Empty Re: artist on the go vs. craft n go table?

Post by Affordable Face Magic Wed May 27, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm surprised no one has commented on this post yet.
SO wanted to see both sized Craft N Go tables at FABAIC last week, but figures: it's the 1st one I missed since 2012! (Lucky to live 1 HR away!) I've never made it the whole time, just a few days, but WOW!!! Lots to see & learn & share. Oh well...on to 2017.
  I digress. Just keep checking the Craft N Go FB page. When people get their new, smaller tables, we'll probably hear plenty of comments. I'm thinking the new FP'ers size MAY be too small for my needs. I'm also thinking the Velcro version may be lighter but harder to keep clean. ANY THOUGHTS FACE PAINT PEEPS???? I'd prob. opt for the magnetic version. Have you seen Lisa Joy Young's YouTube video about hers?
  The 1st year at FABAIC, I spent some time looking at the Artist on the Go tables. They do have different sizes, but they're heavy!!!! Beautiful, but heavy. Thing is, so is lugging around a kit and table. When I go to most of my jobs, all I need is a backpack & my rolling case. I have a table if needed in my car w/2 chairs, but usually the customer provides those. What I'd need either of these products for is a PPF/Fair/Festival. It's possible tho, that I'd love it so much, I'd start bringing it to everything else!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

artist on the go vs. craft n go table? Empty Re: artist on the go vs. craft n go table?

Post by eviedejesus Wed May 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Wish I had them both to be able to give you a “user” experience, but from what I have seen I would go with craft and go over artist on the go, due to weight. The smaller FP one will have bigger wheels and several heights as opposed to just one. If I did get the artist on the go, I’d get a smaller one (I think they call it party size).

I have a gun case that is not too large 35” and I LOVE it. Most people offer to provide a table and chairs anyway - but I do have two slim-line chairs and a small folding table (larger than a TV Tray, but smaller than a table). the two chairs and tray are compact and I have them tied together with an easy to remove bungee. I can easily carry the case (no wheels) with my right hand and the table, two chairs and tray on my left arm, with my hand holding a poster-size coroplast design board. I really need to make a video because I love it SO much. Everything is magnetized (I hate the sound of velcro pulling, and you can’t wipe it clean). It really fits everything I need and I am completely set up within 3 minutes with the chair and tables and 1 minute without.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Wed May 27, 2015 6:17 pm

if I did not have it, I would definitely go for the Craft & Go FP’s case. but it’s too rich for my blood right now, and I got the case on clearance for $27. at Academy Sports.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvs to paint Wed May 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks everyone for your input! The new painters craft n go doesn't look any larger than my Dj case. I'm always wanting a newer setup when I see it. I can carry my dj kit, not sure if I could manage the big craft-n-go pro kit although I would love the space. I'll keep watching.
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Thu May 28, 2015 12:16 am

I remember seeing a pic of it compared to the DJ hero and it WAS larger.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:05 pm

My husband surprised me with a "Coupon" in my Christmas card for "one of those painting tables you wanted". God bless him. I spent a day, mulling over every available video & post. Finally decided I'd do best w/the new Paint Station version. Lisa Joy Young has a 2nd video out of her new Face Paint Station, which helped me decide.The next day I had a gig on 12/31, from 10-1pm, but needed to be somewhere else by 2:30pm. I stopped at 12:15 & spent 5 minutes painting numbers on TWENTY hands. I finished at 1:15 & kept thinking how easy it would be to pack up when I had my new gift. My table should arrive in 3 days. YIPPEE!!!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvs to paint Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:01 pm

I ended up purchasing the work station. It's heavy but gives me lots of room. No regrets.
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Back to top Go down

Post by PixiePaintrix Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:23 pm

I have the paint station. LOVE IT. I think I would miss not having the back to hang my rainbows on if I had the artist on the go table.
PixiePaintrix
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Really like my Paint Station! For me, anything bigger or heavier wouldn't work for most of my jobs. Recently, I downsized, anticipating carrying less when I got my paint station. Actually, I was able to add things back into my kit when first getting it ready!!! Now, I can just walk in, open up & I'm all set up.
When I have a larger, longer event...I use my dolly for my tables, extra chairs, A-frame, boards, lighting, large mirror, fan & tent. Just don't need it for 90% of my events. Besides Birthday parties, I do a lot of community/corporate events. They often provide tent (if outside) table & chairs. So far, there's no problem w/my using my CNG as my table. If there is, I'll just keep the legs folded & place on a table.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:32 pm

glad you like it. i watched her video, she did a good job explaining all the features. interesting how she said people increased their tips because it made her look more professional.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Klbroome92 Sun May 15, 2016 9:35 pm

I like the idea of the craft n go tables. I don't have one personally because when I got started that just was not in my price range. What I have is a Stanley Fat Max and I love it because I have it set up so I don't have to have a table. I will say its something to get used to and it helps if you're well organized about it so you can find things. Good luck I hope this helps.

Klbroome92

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down