Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to send an invoice

3 posters

Go down

When to send an invoice Empty When to send an invoice

Post by creativelyjones Fri May 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm still learning my way around in terms of my business administration and need a bit of feedback.
If you're hired out by another face painter and the booking is confirmed, when do you send the invoice?
I try to do it as soon as I've received confirmation. Having been swamped by paperwork in the past, I have devised a system so that things are not slipping through the cracks. What are your thoughts, please?

creativelyjones

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

When to send an invoice Empty Re: When to send an invoice

Post by Tineke Sat May 23, 2015 2:41 am

I have a system, where every monday I schedule administration: paying bills, sorting papers for my taxes, filing bank receipts, and making invoices.
I send an invoice 1 month before the date, and my payment terms are 2 weeks after invoice date. So I still have time to send a 'friendly' reminder that my invoice hasn't been settled Wink
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 10:30 am

So you are being sub-contracted by another painter? Invoice when confirmed would be my preference.

I don't work for others. I provide the invoice on the day of the event to the client (per the terms of the contract) and payment IS required then as well. I have several clients that request the invoice in advance in order to get the cheques ready so I will do that for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Mon May 25, 2015 1:12 pm

I send an invoice after I get all the details and a confirmation reply. Then I only add it to the calendar once i get a deposit and signed contract.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down