Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with completed contracts?

3 posters

Go down

What to do with completed contracts? Empty What to do with completed contracts?

Post by fancyfaces2010 Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm wondering what to do with all the completed face painting contracts floating around my desk? I know I should probably hang onto them for while, but how long? And what is the best way to file them? What do you do with your contract paperwork after the event is done and you are paid?

fancyfaces2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-04

http://www.fancyfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

What to do with completed contracts? Empty Re: What to do with completed contracts?

Post by Denise Cold Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:32 am

I keep them in a folder for taxes and record keeping. I have on their how many miles I drove, what I made, whether I got tips, whether they were nice, complained, etc. It's saved my bacon a couple of times. I don't have a big contract though...just a contact sheet and then Paypal has some contract language in the deposit. I also have a spot on there for Paypal, thank you sent, request review, etc. Helps to remind me to be a better business person.

Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

What to do with completed contracts? Empty Re: What to do with completed contracts?

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 pm

I'd turn it into digital files with notes (then make SURE to do backups every 1/2 year - 1 year), then store the hard copies away from me. Hard drives in your office take up much less room, hold so much more, and can be searched through faster than paper files.

<--- anti-clutter  lol
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 am

What they said.

My paper contracts are stapled to accompanying documentation and filed (in invoice order) for my accountant.

They are also all on my computer and that is backed up about monthly (every six months is too far apart IMO). All contracts I have ever written are kept on the computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by fancyfaces2010 Tue May 26, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies. I appreciate it. I have paper copies and digital copies on my computer, so the reminder to back up my computer was helpful. I'm putting the paper copies in a drawer with the plan to bundle them into a big envelope at the end of the year. I should put them in date order though, so they are easier to search if necessary. Hopefully it won't be, but you never know. Thanks, everyone.

fancyfaces2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-04

http://www.fancyfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down