Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with idea

4 posters

Go down

Help with idea Empty Help with idea

Post by Inca Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:11 pm

I have a friend that is due in a couple weeks, me and another girlfriends of mine are throwing a small gathering for her, in which I will paint her belly.
I just had an idea to incorporate our hands in her belly painting, I'm looking for a smart original idea.
Please help me think!
The idea is that we all put our hands around her belly. (One hand each-total of 9) and I will paint something in the middle, and on the hands.
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Help with idea Empty Re: Help with idea

Post by eviedejesus Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Nine hands takes a lot of space - you won’t have room for anything else.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeah I was just thinking that... you'll have to have the hands over lapping each other a bit I think.

Either way it's going to be a bumpy surface (not great for detail) and VERY crowded to have everyone there at once with their hands on the belly while you paint. So you need something that is fast and can be 'reset' rather easily.

How about make the hands into a rainbow? 

Lay all the hands in the position they will be, then with your sponge take 2 colors on it and sponge on the color.
So the first two hands would be red, orange and starting yellow.

Kinda like this, only in rainbow order, and more then 1 color per hand.
Help with idea Depositphotos_19594221-Rainbow-transparency-hands-circle

Then continue blending through all your main colors,

red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, teal, light blue, dark blue, dark purple, lilac purple, pink.

ending with the pink that then blends into red of the first hand.

Alternatively you can so one color per hand instead of a blend, or you can arrange the hands like this
Help with idea Rainbow-colors-hands-icon-vector-illustration-your-design-42354591
Or this
Help with idea Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGw7kfXp41Tdrcuu-4WgK4h2W4qzlq5j9o050jrYXjws6dxrhjBQ
Maybe use both hands of all nine people? Play around and see what works.

When that's done mark an outline so the hands can roughly be put back into the same position.

Then let all the ladies rest for a bit, remembering their positions. Clean any color that you might have got on the belly, and start on the center area on the belly.

For the space in the center of the hand circle, put something special, like the baby's name and the year, or planet earth, or something that is special to the mom. Be sure to map it out so that you have lots of bleed space (painted area that will be partially covered by the hands). 

Then call all the ladies back, put the hands around back into position and take the photo! Ta da!

What cha' think?
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:07 pm

I absolutely love this idea! Thanks !
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Awesome! Glad I could help Smile

Post photos!
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:08 am

that is a fabulous, and most importantly, fast idea. i was thinking how lo-ong it would take to do any kind of design on all 9 hands!

maybe write each friend's name on top of the rainbow color on her hand, as well? in a darker or lighter color face paint, or glitter gel. that could be done during the rest break.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down