Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body painting question

3 posters

Go down

Body painting question Empty Body painting question

Post by thouartbeautiful Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:27 am

Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice on a body painting that I'm potentially going to be doing for a lady that wants to hide a very severe scar and help her beauty shine through. She is a breast cancer survivor and had received a botch surgery leaving her with a large oval shaped scar. 1 theme discussed was a butterfly and I think that would be a great shape to cover and disguise the scar but I was wondering if there were any tips or experiences that could help me. The lady I talked is wanting to give the opportunity as a gift to get friend and they are going to each get something which will either match or be complimentary. Smile Thanks all!
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Body painting question Empty Re: Body painting question

Post by Kammy Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:51 am

Firstly, as someone very disfigured by breast cancer (I'm having further surgery early next year), I think it's wonderful that you're doing this.  Smile

Regarding the scar, I would've thought that richly-coloured paints would be opaque enough to cover it.  If there are areas where the design won't be sufficient, maybe you could use something like a Mehron tattoo cover wheel?

I'd love to see the piece when it's finished, if your model is happy for you to share it!

Kammy xx
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you Kammy, so just highly pigmented colors should work then. I'm really happy to be able to possibly do this, very nervous too as I don't have much experience in body painting.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

i bet you will do just fine. Very Happy  just plan out & maybe practice the design ahead of time, so you know how it's going to go, and so you are confident in being able to reproduce it.

and if something doesn't go as planned, don't be afraid to wipe it off and redo it, with a smile (been there, done that, in face painting)
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down