Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?)

+14
Kris5115
rthling
LittleMonsters
monna
AuntieStacey
DebbieB
jlirie
Glitter Kat
Denise Cold
fesspenter
thouartbeautiful
tashasbowtique
Forest-Fairy
Caitlin02
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?)

Post by eviedejesus Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?) - Page 2 Part_111

Starblends tiger - (wolfe black)

Last edited by eviedejesus on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resize photo)
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?)

Post by eviedejesus Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?) - Page 2 Dsc08910

starblends fox
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 pm

eviedejesus wrote:Best starblends? (Denise Cold? Are you there?) - Page 2 Part_111

Starblends tiger - (wolfe black)

Gahhh!  This is why I needed the new ones, lol!  I'll take those cookies now, Kris5115 Razz
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Panjo! Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm considering getting some Starblends as I have a few events coming up and we are having a heat wave in the Pacific Northwest! I'm wondering though- does using the regular FP for line work defeat the purpose of the rest of it being sweat-proof? Or do the Starblends act like a barrier a bit? Picturing a lovely pink kitty with black whiskers melting down her cheeks.
Panjo!
Panjo!

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:31 pm

The Starblends does act like a bit of a barrier, but more importantly, for me, it just means that the bulk of the design won't melt, meaning it holds its integrity much better.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panjo! Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Thank you! Also, do they blend fairly well when they overlap? For example, If I'm doing a tiger and only have red and yellow, can I blend them on the face to make orange where they overlap? That sounds like a silly question, but i wanted to make sure.
Panjo!
Panjo!

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I have no problems blending, although I find it easier to blend the yellow into the orange, rather than the other way around. I usually lay down the yellow, then the orange, then go back to the yellow and blend it into the orange.
rthling
rthling

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Duh. I read your question wrong.

I'd blend in the container, then apply on the face.

OR, more likely, I'd do the yellow, then go over with red, where you want orange. But I would load my lollypop applicator lightly with red and tap off any excess, so it wouldn't overpower the yellow.
THEN I'd go back in with yellow and blend it into the orange just created.
rthling
rthling

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Denise Cold has done a video where she mixes colors of starblends together to make a new colors - so if it was just cost/access issues, you could take part of your yellow and part of your red to make an orange starblend

But you're probably just using that as an example rather than a need/want, lol...
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Panjo! Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:04 pm

That helps a lot- thank you!
Panjo!
Panjo!

Back to top Go down

Post by monelle Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:14 pm

I just watched Shawna Del Real use StarBlend white to add stars with a stencil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrBDxUGSN8 at 3:58. I thought I died and went to heaven. You know the feeling, right? Smile
monelle
monelle

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by monelle Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 am

Does anyone know the answer to jilrie's question ... what is the difference between StarBlends and the Mehron Intense powders? I've tried the Intense white for stencils, and the result was very faint and disappointing, although maybe I didn't use enough ... ?
monelle
monelle

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Snazzy12 Sun May 29, 2016 10:51 am

Hi,

I live between 2 lakes and there is s lot of humidity
I am considering investing in a large pallet of star blends and I was wondering if anyone
could answer any of these questions for me.

1. Can the n powder flake off and get in the eyes, especially when it is windy

2. If kids touch their faces, can it smear or come off easier than face paint.

3. Would putting corn starch on the face before the paint have the same effect as star blends

4. Do they have the anti mold and anti bacterial properties like face paints do.

Snazzy12

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun May 29, 2016 12:09 pm

4. yes - methylparaben and propylparaben

starblends 

INGREDIENTS: Talc, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Zinc Stearate, Stearic Acid, Lanolin/Lanoline, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, PEG-12 Laurate, Mineral Spirits, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake)].
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 am

Snazzy12
1. There is fallout when you are applying and I use a keyboard poofer to keep that in check and get the excess off before it sticks and also poof off the excess before I do line work. Once is has been applied and sticks to the skin, no it doesn't come off. It never flakes.

2. When you first apply it (before the skin absorbs it) it does have a layer of powder on top that can transfer...but so does paint. One of the nice things, is young kids will touch the Starblend and I don't have to fix it...it's dry so they would really have to scratch to get it off.

3. Umm. Dunno. I would say experiment at home. But my initial reaction is it would help absorb sweat but then you've made a big powder mess. It's better just to have a paper towel handy and have them pat their face and apply the starblends so you don't wash off their own oils that the Starblend stick to.

4. Starblend are very clean and I buy the disposable applicators (that Metina sells) by the dozens and some have lasted 4 years. If you mix colors on the top or get glitter on you can blow it off or use a clean applicator and brush it off.

As far as mixing. Unless you are going to use it alot (like browple for zombies at Halloween) just mix in the applicator as suggested. You'll be able to see the color you've created on the sponge.

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum