Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th of july. patriotic only?

+4
eviedejesus
fesspenter
JENDZS
Boe
8 posters

Go down

4th of july. patriotic only? Empty 4th of july. patriotic only?

Post by Boe Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi just wondering if you guys only do patriotic face paint or do you guys also do your regular designs?

Boe

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

4th of july. patriotic only? Empty Re: 4th of july. patriotic only?

Post by JENDZS Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:16 am

We have a 4th of July gig in Cape May. I offer patriotic faces, as well as the most popular "others"... butterfly, superheroes, snakes, dragon, flowers, etc.
This is one of the only times I use a board, since I prefer to just paint whatever they want, but since I will be working with 2 other painters, and they have boards...I work that way.
JENDZS
JENDZS

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-11-15

http://www.facepaintingbyjen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I'll be painting alone and im a beginner do you think thatwould be a good idea for me? I feel like that might be too much for me...

Boe

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Dear Boe:
Try a word board, listing only those faces you feel comfortable creating. If you are only offering designs in patriotic combos, mention that on your board. Title your board "TODAY'S CHOICES" so you will not be steered away from your comfy place.

I DO offer anything the child wants, for a price. I am giving you the opposite of the advice I follow for myself. I adore trying new things. The game of Face Paint Tag is meant as a fun way to get us to try to do something new, on the fly, with no judgement...just applause. I am telling you something different than I tell myself because there are all kinds if painters, techniques, styles, colours, brushes....TRY THEM ALL! HAVE FUN! (Sorry for yelling). See what works best for you. If you get comfortable with what you do now, you will try new things as you are ready.

What do you think you want to do? Are you going to only offer patriotic designs?

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I offer some patriotic designs and some regular but I use a design board at ALL public events. Once I have a few years under my belt, I’m sure I will be comfortable enough to just take requests. The design board allows them to pick something you know well. People will always ask - can you paint.......? and you can decide to say yes or no.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Thank you girls for the advice.. I dont think I will have enough patriotic to only do that but at the same time I think it'll keep the line nice and short (wich I want cuz im a little nervous) I think im gonna start doing the tag name fess! That'll probably help this newbie a lot!! Smile

Boe

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 am

It is completely normal to be nervous. You will be just fine.
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 am

Don’t count on the line being short. Just remember that the designs don’t have to be perfect and that the kids and parents are used to having to wait for facepainting. you could just do a one-stroke swish with a big star at the end, add some glitter and people will be ooing and aaahing. Trust me you will have a blast.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

If you have time to order a red, white and blue combo (the larger type- not the thinner split cakes but the larger rectangular containers), then you can press the sponge into it and do quick and beautiful patriotic butterflies. Just remember to keep the red part as the outer part of the butterfly (face painting rule - no red on the eyes and no blue on the lips). But they will be pretty, have the colors, and girls want those butterflies! Have fun!

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by cammidale Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Boe! I'll think of you on the 4th when I'm out there sweating bullets!

In case you do decide to order a patriotic combo... I just got a TAG pearl/metallic red, white, and blue 1- stroke (Patriot Act) and am having the darnedest time with it! My white disappears in the middle and the red and blue make purple. If I try using less water, the mouse like texture of it causes it to push around in the container and sometimes drag up chunks of paint. I have a lot of practicing to do with that little guy. I bet you have to get the perfect amount of water. I'm sure it works for some but from one beginner to another, you may want to steer clear of that particular one unless you have some time to perfect it. I wish I'd gotten a different one. I have some Prisma split-cakes that are easier to control, I really like them. I'd recommend trying the Paradise Prisma cake in Patriot instead. I ordered from Metina here at the face paint forum shop. After a lot of research and comparison shopping, I found she has the lowest prices and the shipping was super duper fast! (Thanks Metina!) I will definitely be ordering again. Also, I grabbed a star cluster stencil from JoAnnes for super cheap and I think that will come on handy sprucing up the patriotic looks quickly.

Please keep us updated on how it goes! Good luck!!! If I come up with any simple 4th designs, I'll be happy to share! Relax and have fun!!! Like a Star @ heaven 
cammidale
cammidale

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:08 pm

cammidale wrote:I'm in the same boat as you Boe! I'll think of you on the 4th when I'm out there sweating bullets!

In case you do decide to order a patriotic combo... I just got a TAG pearl/metallic red, white, and blue 1- stroke (Patriot Act) and am having the darnedest time with it! My white disappears in the middle and the red and blue make purple. If I try using less water, the mouse like texture of it causes it to push around in the container and sometimes drag up chunks of paint. I have a lot of practicing to do with that little guy. I bet you have to get the perfect amount of water. I'm sure it works for some but from one beginner to another, you may want to steer clear of that particular one unless you have some time to perfect it. I wish I'd gotten a different one. I have some Prisma split-cakes that are easier to control, I really like them. I'd recommend trying the Paradise Prisma cake in Patriot instead. I ordered from Metina here at the face paint forum shop. After a lot of research and comparison shopping, I found she has the lowest prices and the shipping was super duper fast! (Thanks Metina!) I will definitely be ordering again. Also, I grabbed a star cluster stencil from JoAnnes for super cheap and I think that will come on handy sprucing up the patriotic looks quickly.

Please keep us updated on how it goes! Good luck!!! If I come up with any simple 4th designs, I'll be happy to share! Relax and have fun!!! Like a Star @ heaven 
Thankbu for the advice! Smile I don't think ill be doing it after all.. its 100 dls for he spot and I would have to get new paints on time thwn practice with them! I just dont thinkbim ready but I will try next year! But do share any designs you come up with ill be happy to see them Smile

Boe

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 am

Whenever we have a day in the Netherlands that askes for patriotic designs, I can paint anything, I just use the patriotic colours of our country (red-white-blue-orange-gold) instead of other combo's to paint them.
So kids can be anything they want, but only in patriotic colours. Works very fast for me, and the result is very nice!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalmb116 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 am

I am going to be the only painter my cities fireworks. Due to this I have created a design board with only red, white, and blue designs since they do a whole mini festival with a band and food vendors for the day. I am doing however classic faces such as snakes, pirates. Princess, tigers, and fairies just sticking to the patriotic colors. Good luck to everyone! 12 days and counting!
Crystalmb116
Crystalmb116

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-05-19

http://www.facebook/facesofwhimsymn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down