Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have tattoos? Ideas..

+2
FacepaintingByTanya
FaceNice
6 posters

Go down

Have tattoos? Ideas.. Empty Have tattoos? Ideas..

Post by FaceNice Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:27 am

Hello!

Long time, no see! Does anyone have real tattoos on their body? I want to get my first tattoo (not a temporary one), but need some suggestions from you all! I have a few ideas in mind:

1. An owl tattoo - I would like to get it mostly because owls are intelligent, mean success, freedom, magic (maybe a little bit of evil), strong, strength. I know some celebrities have it, but I don't want to get it based on it.

2. A dolphin tattoo - I'm 90% I would like a dolphin tattoo, only based on the meaning. A dolphin tattoo, just like an owl tattoo is related with intelligence, protection, freedom (like a bird actually). A dolphin is friendly, just like me.

3. An elephant tattoo - I'm not sure I'd want it, but it's super cute  Laughing They also mean good luck, longevity, peace, strength and power. I would love it based on the meaning.

I don't know if this is the exactly place for this topic, but I guess some of you have real tattoos and can help me out. I want ideas. This is my first tattoo and I don't want to regret it later  Surprised
FaceNice
FaceNice

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Back to top Go down

Have tattoos? Ideas.. Empty Re: Have tattoos? Ideas..

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 am

I have several tattoos, all but one I drew myself (the first one was one of those impulsive, no-one-is-gonna-tell-me-how-to-run-my-life decisions that I use now as a reminder to check myself, before I wreck myself...) All of them are quite personal to me, and each have a story... my recommendation is to start researching artists in (or even out of) your area, find one whose style you like (look through their portfolios) and go to them with your ideas and ask for them to come up with a concept. You'll know who is the right artist for you by being particular... and patient. Placement of it is important too, and keep in mind that at some point you may need to get it retouched. Good ink is costly... it's not a "who has the bet rate" kind of decision. Good luck!  Very Happy 
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DashClown Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 pm

I had a few and have since had them removed. My only advice is not to ask for help picking one.

Think about something which means a lot to you (more than anything else) that you want to have a daily reminder of. Think of how YOU believe would be the best way to symbolize this thing and then go from there. Tattoos to impress others are a bad idea. Tattoos to symbolize something important (even if nobody else 'gets it') are more worthwhile.

Or you can just get a tribal tattoo on your arm and call it a day.. Smile
DashClown
DashClown

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-01-21

https://www.facebook.com/dashshrineclown

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:11 pm

^ Good advice. Any tattoo can be interpreted in different cultures or places as having a meaning ... in some cultures foxes represent evil and sneakiness, in others it's cleverness and cunning. Whatever you choose should be YOUR choice, not influenced by anyone's interpretation of its meaning other than your own. People don't often understand mine, or misinterpret them... but I didn't draw them and have them permanently inked onto me for people to understand... I got them for my own reasons, some to remind myself of something, others in tribute to something. I love all of them, except the impulsive flash art one I got at 18, which is fairly ugly and ready for a touchup or re-work, BUT it serves as a reminder to not be impulsive and have patience in making decisions, so it serves a purpose and has meaning to me. Tattoos are so mainstream now that people without them are less common than people who don't (At least in my area and age group)... mine are on my back, down one are and on an ankle, with more work in planning. I like having a permanent canvas to work with Smile but I spend months and years drawing and re-drawing my concepts before deciding one is ready to be done. Because I never want to feel that pang of regret when I look down at it a couple years down the road, like I do with that first one. It's a big decision, and one worth taking the time to think through fully before undertaking.
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Get a 3 - then when people ask you about it, you can say, i couldn't decide which tat too to get so I got a tatt three...lol...Just kidding...make it meaningful, its there for a long time.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 am

Sadly, most owls are not particularly intelligent. Birds are not very smart in general, and most owls actually fall into the lower range of bird intelligence.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceNice Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Kris5115 wrote:Sadly, most owls are not particularly intelligent. Birds are not very smart in general, and most owls actually fall into the lower range of bird intelligence.

Never knew that. Really helpful  Surprised 
FaceNice
FaceNice

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Colorful Faces Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Well, dolphins have 3 brain if this help.
Liz Colorful Faces
Liz Colorful Faces

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-17

http://www.Colorfulfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down