Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best paint for haunted house performers??

4 posters

Go down

Best paint for haunted house performers?? Empty Best paint for haunted house performers??

Post by Savvy Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:41 am

The local haunted house director contacted me about doing their makeup/face painting. Their main concern is how much they sweat during the performances and their designs are just destroyed, running, caked up, yuck. Since I am totally new to face painting/makeup, I defer to this group's greater wisdom...what is the best paint, powder or makeup to use for them?
Savvy
Savvy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-09-16

http://www.colorsplashfacepainting.biz

Back to top Go down

Best paint for haunted house performers?? Empty Re: Best paint for haunted house performers??

Post by Josh8596 Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Hello. I have worked on haunted house makeups for quite some time now. Most of the time i use liquid paints and airbrush it on. I have also just used my regular face paint and it still worked fine. The last couple of years we have done an indoor and an outdoor haunt so we have had to paint a LOT of actors. (60 - 70 or more) IMO airbrushing is the best way to go. Its fast, and the makeups still look great. I use Mehron paints for all my airbrushing. If airbrushing isnt something they have available then regular face paint will do fine. Just use some type of setting spray or powder when finished and it will be fine. Hope this helps. Happy Haunting!
Josh8596
Josh8596

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Best paint for haunted house performers?? Empty Re: Best paint for haunted house performers??

Post by eviedejesus Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 am

I guess if you’re airbrushing you might as well use waterproof paint like ProAirre

if not - you can use Starblends powder and line with Dips.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Funhouse_FX Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Alcohol based RMG makeup works fine and is extremely sweat resistant and brushable. Further, it is the correct makeup for use on latex prosthetics.

Couple tips:

1. The colored lights the actors are working under SHOULD influence your pallet choice, and you should test the makeup under show lighting. For example, red blood will not show up well under red lighting.

2. Because of the dim lighting you will need higher contrast in your designs.

Hope this helps

Funhouse_FX
Funhouse_FX

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-10-21

http://www.funhousefx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down