Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of consent

Go down

Age of consent Empty Age of consent

Post by littlesmartyhands Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi 

Question: What is the age you think you would paint a child without a parent or caregiver present? I was given the opportunity to practice on children whose ages are about 11 or 12 y/o, at our town's Youth Center. I am uncomfortable doing it without any notice to the parents. Especially since I am practicing, not set up as a real business (no insurance, etc.) So I am just some lady showing up to paint the face of kids I don't know, though there are adults present in the building/room, they are not the parent or guardian and it's not like it's a birthday party or event where my presence is known beforehand.

Assuming I WAS insured and out there, what age would you feel comfortable in this situation?

Thanks!
Alyson

littlesmartyhands

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://www.littlesmartyhands.com

Back to top Go down

Age of consent Empty Re: Age of consent

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 am

If you are in the Youth Centre, THEY need to have release forms signed for activities the kids participate in.  In my experience the release forms often give permission for photography and some parents opt out of allowing it.  

You should ask the management there what they do regarding that as you really do need permission of the parent or guardian.

Back to top Go down